3 Axis Automatic Zero for X-Carve

The G-Code used to zero your bit does not “Home” your machine, it locates the X,Y,Z zero position of your material to be carved. I think you may be confusing Homing with Zeroing. I sent you a email with a Pdf attachment that explains the difference and how to use UGS to position your bit at 0,0,0 after zeroing. I will attach it here in case anyone else has the same question.

There is a difference in Homing and Zeroing.pdf (276.6 KB)

Good to hear that it is doing what it is supposed to though.

Charley

2 Likes

'Hi
Yes, it’s working great!
Thanks for including the pdf. With so much going on with just the X carve build, and all the rigidity upgrades, as well as me thinking I knew what I was doing (lol), I got lost.
Main problem was that I thought the home position was stored, and the (mis)labeling of some of the buttons in UGS was driving me nuts.
If I can manage to get me g code imported into UGS, I shouldn’t have any problems.
Same with Easel, just a different way of working than I’m used to.

Thanks
John

Btw, I actually have the homing switch option , but a few got squished ( imagine that…)
When my replacements arrive, I’ll be able to home the machine AND set my work Zero!!!
:sunglasses:

Back in stock as of 05/02/2016. Go to www.charlindwoodcraft.com and enter coupon code “3corners” to get $20.00 off your order.

Charley

My Triquetra arrived today and I could not be happier! you have added so much useful information on the CD that it is a absolute pleasure to use well worth the cost of shipping it to the UK I would recommend it anyone who has a CNC of any type.
Thank you Charley

1 Like

hello

I’m Fabrice from France ,i have a Carve and i’m interessing by your “touch plate”.
Is it ok to send one in France and the discount is actual

thank for your ansewer and sorry for my bad english

Hello Fabrice,

I am Charley in Texas USA,
Your English is fine.

To protect your privacy please reply to my email address at charleyntexas@gmail.com

Yes, I will send one to France and you can still get the discount.

The Touch Plate is will be $30.00 USD

Shipping to France is $33.95 USD

Total cost to you will be $63.95 USD

Any customs or import fees if any would be your responsibility.

Below is a screen capture of the US Post office Shipping Calculator.

If you would like to order please reply to me and include the following:

Your Name

Your Ship To Address

Your Email Address for PayPal Billing

I will send you a PayPal Invoice for Payment.

You do not need to order from the web site.

Please be aware that I am currently out of stock

I anticipate that I will be back in stock and can ship to you by 05/11/2016.

Thank you for your interest.

Charley

05/08/2016

I made 5 today and am already down to 2

I am out of Aluminum and hope my supplier will have it for me Monday. If so, I should have more ready to go on Wednesday.

Please use my email charleyntexas@gmail.com for ordering details and to get the discount code. I am still keeping them at $30.00 plus shipping for Inventalbes Forum Members ONLY. The discount code is for ALL Inventables forum members including International members.

Thank you to all for your support.

Charley

05/09/2016 Out of Stock

Planning to head back to Dallas again for more Aluminum. If my supplier has it in stock (they were out last Friday) then I will start production as soon as I get back and should resume shipping on Wednesday. You can still place an order to get on the top of the wait list. As of now there is only 1 on the list. I will be able to ship 8-10 from the next batch which will hopefully be Wednesday.

Don’t forget to email me at charleyntexas@gmail.com to get the coupon code for $20.00 off your order.

This should also work with the X-Controller too right? As it’s basically still GRBL based as far as I know.

Just wanted to check before I order. Thanks for offering a great product!

Paul

1 Like

I have been in contact with Inventables Tech Support and they told me that if it works with the stock controller then it will work with the X-Controller. They are both based on the same Arduino and G-shield.

I am currently out of stock and am heading to Dallas to get more Aluminum. I hope to be shipping the backorders tomorrow.

Thank you for your interest and if there is anything else I can help with please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Charley

I bought this about a month ago and Charley’s touch probe is the Cat’s Meow! A super bargain too!

1 Like

I received mine yesterday and the quality is superb! Just thinking on wiring it today to start playing around :smiley:

I ordered one yesterday and also did my first carve on the X-Carve, so yesterday was a great day! :slight_smile:

Looking forward to using it on future projects.

Yours just came off the CNC and will ship out today along with at least 4 others!! I think I just go another order so it may be 6 others. I have two more on the CNC now so it looks like there will be one extra… for now.

For those using the XController…What are you using to send the gcode? Easel? I’ve been trying to get it to work in Estlcam and it shuts down when the circuit is made and triggers the probe warning. I’m going to try PicSender and see if that makes a difference for me.

1 Like

Hi Cory,

I imagine this will answer your question. If not can you supply more details about the probe warning?

If the spindle starts moving to probe for the X axis and pushes the touch plate about a half inch or so and then throws a probe warning, it is most likely due to a wiring issue. Please check the voltage between the banana plug and the alligator clip. You should see about 4.7-5.0 VDC.

If you show zero volts then you have a bad ground or bad connection to the probe input which goes to pin A5 of the Arduino board.

If you show high voltage like 17 VDC then you need to use a different ground.

Also be sure that the positive wire from the Probe input (A5 on the Arduino) connects to the Touch plate via the banana plug and the negative wire goes to the alligator clip and is clipped to the actual bit and not the spindle or mount.

Of the 90 plus orders, only one person has reported that he needed to use shielded wire. I suspect that he also had a bad wire connection and that when he switched to shielded wire his connection problem may have been resolved and that it wasn’t the shielded wire that fixed the problem but simply a better or corrected connection.

I use PicSender for everything. It works very well with the touch plate and incorporates a “Goto Zero” Button for each axis that will send the bit to your material or work position 0,0,0.

The “Return to Zero” button in Universal G-code Sender sends the bit to Machine Position Zero not Work Zero. Machine Zero is what you would get if you home your machine. Work Zero is your material zero after you zero with the touch plate.

Please let me know how things work out and what actions you took to resolve the probe error.

Thank You,

Charley

2 Likes

I used standard speaker cable. I am not sure if the pin in the arduino is configured with an internal pull_up but there should not be any noise issue.

Hey Charley!

I did all the checks you suggested and everything scoped out fine. I loaded up the gcode in PicSender and it worked perfectly.

If after fiddling around with it in Estlcam I am unable to get it to work I’ll check with the software author and see if there is a tweak.

Thanks for the product! Makes life a little quicker and easier.

Cory

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear that it is working for you. Of all the Post Processor programs I have tried, PicSender is the go platform for me now. It just works, all the time, with no lockups and has great features.

2 Likes

AS of 05/18/2016 I am back in stock. I have enough to fill all current orders and have 1 left over for now and will add 4 more to that tomorrow.

Now that you said that dont turn your back, POOF! GONE… :grin:

1 Like