3 Axis Automatic Zero for X-Carve

I would like to buy one. How can I get coupon code?
Thanks!

Jake

Hi Jake,

Use Coupon Code ā€œ3cornersā€ without the quotes at www.charlindwoodcraft.com

Thank you,

Charley

Charley,

This looks great! Do you have them available? Can I use the ā€œ3cornersā€ discount code?

Thanks,

-Frank

I have one left that I can ship tomorrow. More are on the way and will be available for shipping by Thursday if not earlier.

The discount code ā€œ3cornersā€ is still valid and will save your $20.00.

Please go to charlindwoodcraft.com to place your order. Donā€™t forget to sign up for access to the Triquetra Users page while you are there. It does require a different login for access.

So there is 1 available now but if it is sold before you get there you can still place an order and it will ship as soon as I get more made, still this week though.

Let me know if you have any questions,

Thank you for your interest,

Charley

2 Likes

Stock Update and Mach 3 Support

I just finished 4 today that are ready to ship and ran out of raw material. I will be going to Dallas tomorrow to pick up another 12 foot stick of Aluminum. That will keep me going for a while! Coupon code 3corners is still valid for a $20.00 discount but it will go away at some point. I donā€™t have a date set for that yet but I will give notice before I discontinue the discount code.

So get one while the getting is good!!

Mach 3 support is now written

All that is left is final testing. I would like for some one who uses Mach 3 to volunteer to test one out. I will send you a touch plate kit free of charge including shipping. All I ask is that you test it and let me know what you think. The touch plate will be yours to keep. I will send one to the first qualified person who replies. To qualify you must:

1. Have an operating machine running Mach 3.
  2. Be experienced with Mach 3 and not a new user.
  3. Have your machine already wired for a probe or know how to wire it.
  4. Be willing to provide me feedback on your experience with the Touch Plate.
  5. Recommend changes to improve the Script and or Touch Plate

If you are interested in testing, please send me a Message by clicking on my picture and then clicking the Message button.

Thanks everyone!!

Charley

2 Likes

Hi Charlie, this looks like a fantastic product, I too just ordered one before even receiving my x-carve so Iā€™m excited to get going with it once I assemble my machine!

2 Likes

If I do say so myself, you are getting started with the best way to zero your machine!! Let me know if you have any questions.

Charley

2 Likes

Looks like the Shapeoko guys found our secret!. I got hit yesterday with order after order. I have 1 left in stock today that can ship. Good thing I restocked with another 12 feet of aluminum! I am heading to the shop today for a marathon milling session and will have more that can ship tomorrow. So if you place an order and it is out of stock, I should be able to ship it on 6/22/16 and you should still be able to get it by this weekend.

Charley

1 Like

Couldnā€™t happen to a better guy, Charley. May be itā€™s time to consider expansion with another X-Carve. :wink:
All the best,
John

1 Like

If it would increase production rate I very well might. Problem is with the Touch Plates it only takes about 33 minutes as reported by PicSender to mill out 2 touch plates. I cut a blank that mills out 2 at a time. Then while the next two are cooking on the CNC, I separate the two, sand them down smooth, buff them out and finally drill holes for the banana plug. By the time Iā€™m done with that the next two are about ready to come off the CNC. If I had another CNC then I wouldnā€™t be able to keep up!!

On second thought, I could be making something for myself on the second CNC!! Maybe even get in to a little laser work, hmmm. Got to sell more touch plates first. One thing for sure, you guys have been selling PicSender to some of the people that ask me what I use. Every time someone tells me that they bought PicSender after I recommended it I keep telling myself I need to make time to purchase some from you and put them on my web site. Iā€™m missing the boat!! But that is ok, you guys have treated me very well so I am happy that you are getting some additional business.

Charley

2 Likes

You realize those things are made from steel and not aluminum right? I have never tried to mill steel but I suppose with the correct bit and if feeds and speeds are correctly setup then it is possible, even with the X-Carve. Something to think about is recon.

Why wouldnt aluminum work for the end plates?

Granted, it would need to be a bit thicker to get the same rigidity but I think it could be done.
Due to the incrase in thickness, it would require the use of longer bolts for the v wheels and possibly a pocket milled into the plate for the stepper to maintain the proper shaft protrusion for the bellt pulley.

Iā€™d take it on myself but at this time I have not tried to run aluminum yet and with all the woodworking orders I have stacked up and a full time + job, I cannot fit it in right now.

I believe he was actually referring to the four end plates for the Y Axis rails. That would raise everything up. Easier than making end plates for the X axis. That is why you would need 4. They could be made from 1/4 inch Aluminum and I am sure they would be plenty sturdy. I have a fair amount of 1/4 inch Aluminum that I made my T-Track hold down clamps from and those dudes are awesome. I may just look at this with a little more sincerity.

2 Likes

Version 7a1 of the G-Code Generator is available

The only change from version 7 is the Mach 3 script has been changed just a little to adjust the position the bit engages the touch plate for the Z axis and also after finishing with all 3 axis the spindle automatically retreats to a save distance to allow safer removal of the Touch Plate.

I have 5 available today and will have another batch finished this afternoon.

2 Likes

If you do end up making taller Y Axis end plates, I know youā€™ll have at least one customer. I might even be the first, outside of yourself, just like I was for your touch plate.

1 Like

(forhead slap)

That would be a much simpler option now , wouldnā€™t it?

If you go this route I may be interested as well.

Iā€™m cutting taller Y plates tonight out of 1/4" alum, ill update when done, its been on my todo for awhileā€¦

It has moved from the back burner to next in line for something to figure out. Looking at My machine, I just donā€™t see where it would have any problems except that f you raise it too high then our spindle wouldnā€™t reach the soil board. Although adding some height would work well for me considering I have added T-Tracks to the top of the Inventables spoil board and put 3/4 mdf between them. Makes for a rock solid surface but sacrifices available z height. Making the end plates taller and beefier just might do the trick.

For now am spending all my time making touch plates. I might just be ahead of the game after today. Just finished making 10 more today. That should hold me for a couple of days unless the Shapeoko guys come calling again. They wiped me out two days ago!!

3 Likes

The dark side of success!

Isnā€™t that the truth. I worked less when I had a Job!

1 Like