3D Printed Carbon Fiber Dust Shoe with Removable Brush Skirt

@Deepnoizer

check this link out man

Sounds like a good idea for a project. it shouldnā€™t be too difficult to come up with an extruder mount for one of the readily available extruders. If I canā€™t add a laser, then perhaps a really big 3D printer will do. :smile:

Why not Laser, Extruder and plasma torch?

1 Like

A reasonable laser module is expensive, plus import to Australia may be a hassle.
Although thereā€™s a least one user here who has put a plasma cutter on their X-Carve, Iā€™m not sure that molten steel and plastic wheels are really compatible.

My apologies if you already posted this and I just missed it, but do you have the 3D print file for this available publicly? Iā€™d love to try printing and tweaking it, if you are willing to share. Very nice, either way.

Hi Daniel. Thanks. I donā€™t think I ever posted the files for this version, but I did for the second one. They can be found here: 3d printed carbon fiber dwp611 dust shoe 2.0 - #16 by RyanGarone

If you want the files for this version also, let me know and I think I can find them.

Ryan

hey brother you have a copy of the file for the z axis cover box I would love to modify it and 3d print it. thanks ahead of time for your other files also

Hi Jose,
I havenā€™t gotten around to tweaking the cap so it seats over the washers cleanly.

Enjoy!

zcap.stl (186.0 KB)
zcap.skp (510.6 KB)

Thank you for sharing your dust shoe design with the community! Itā€™s always inspiring to see members contribute their own innovations. The pictures are quite informative, but Iā€™d love to hear more about your design process. You may have face some challenges like unstable temperature or dust disturbing your prints. I just want to prefer you to buy enclosure for your 3d printer to get ideal results.