3d Printed RT0700C mount

Hey

wanted to share my new mount for the makita RT0700 series router. Ive added to picatinny mounts also 3d printed as part of the setup so that i can mount other accessories also in the future. The mount uses the stock spindle mount plate . All the files are available on Thingiverse website.

2 Likes

cool.
I have a 3d printer too.

Your printed mount looks awesome, good work! I got a 65mm spindle mount for my makita on ebay from 3D_Motion and it’s a beast. It’s 1" thick aluminum and only 3.5" wide so it works with Phil’s dust shoe. I was looking for a good Makita mount forever that wasn’t 4" wide…

That was my concern before I purchased a 3d printer. Yes, if you print with a high percentage infill, or even solid plastic, it will be extremely strong… far stronger than any MDF equivalent. I was shocked how durable prints can be, not to mention the different plastics available.

1 Like

seems to be working fine no problems till now. The RT0700 is amazing compared to the stock spindle :slight_smile:

I would have preferred aluminium too but im from india and its not economically available here. So had to macgyver this. I have to accessory mounts put in so i can snap on stuff like a dust shoe or a tramming jig or maybe a laser module.

1 Like

Aluminum isn’t economically viable here, either, hehehehe.