Any interest in a Makita RT0701 spindle mount for X-Carve

you can always make your own.

I did…

4 Likes

I sent a message as well, 2 months ago maybe. Got no response.

John you seem to have disappeared. It really would be nice if you got back to me about the mount that I already paid for with paypal.

You know you can use paypal to refund my money.

Still posting on his Twitter page as of late November,

Right Geoff, a little more than a month ago on twitter. He hadn’t replied to the last few emails I sent him and that was before the last time he tweeted.

Even if you pay with paypal not as a gift, you only have about 6 months.

I am not losing sleep over it, but it is disappointing.

@moderators

This thread is a waste of time and should be locked down and forgotten.

Jesus mary and joseph… I can make these… someone start a new thread that really needs one, tag me in it and if we get TEN orders, I will sell them at a discount to the original price. After all, the drawings are POSTED in this thread. But I need ten orders. $60. And someone needs to start a thread. AND close this one down.

1 Like

I’d be interested as long as shipping wouldn’t be crazy (to Canada). So you’re thinking $60 USD?

Rusty - if you can rally 10 orders I can set up a job. May @ZachKaplan wants a few hundred of them.

@RustyApparently people have found a solution. I have had no replies to this. If you search Makita mount, I bet some eterprising x-carve owner is selling them now. If not, let me know.

Oh ya, I was going to make a post about this, but got side tracked with some projects. No biggy, my shimmed Dewalt mount has been working pretty good, so I’l probably just stick with it for a while longer.

1 Like

I’ve been using a MCLS 9056 which is essentially a rebranded Makita router but I find that the brushes wear out after three or four hours of carving. is this normal?

I am using a Makita and after 100hrs at speed setting 1&2 the brushes have only worn down about 1/16", give or take.

Thanks for the info. Perhaps after switching to the Makita branded brushes I’ll get more life…

Yah, I think they put Dewalt brushes in your machine.

I have yet to figure out why it is thought that the MCLS 9056 is the same as the Makita. At least it is not the same as my Makita RT0701. The specs don’t match and neither does the physical layout. Is there somewhere states they are the same?

The MLCS Rocky 30 seems to be the same as the Makita RT0701 — they even use a photo of a teal unit in some of their documentation — could that be it?

Manual: http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/graphics2/9056_Rocky_30_Manual.pdf

No load speed…………………………… 10,000 - 30,000 RPM

•Variable speed control dial (10,000 - 30,000 RPM) to match the speed to the application

AIUI, the only thing which might not match up is the hole layout on the mounting plate — what are you seeing that’s different?

I’d probably be willing to swap my Makita (very light use) for your MLCS if it’s in similar shape (I want a black one to match my machine).

In the Rocky manual the drawings as well as the manual photos appear to be the same as the Makita but the photos in all their ads are different. The variable speed control is in a different place and the HP is listed at only 1 not 1 1/4 as is the Makita. Which router are buyers receiving?

I have also seen a router similar to the Rocky ads at Menards. Think it is a Performax or something like that. I have looked at it and it is not the same as my Makita either.

For an easier solution

Been running on my machine for quite a while now with no issues at all

I came across this last week while looking for a 43mm mount.

The Makita RT0701 being 65mm around the base.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/65mm-spindle-mount-for-X-Carve-Shapeoko-2-aluminum-spindle-carriage-for-65mm-diameter-Makita-router/32811630133.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.264.1l8tVz