A dust boot on Kickstarter

It is a rather nice way to make it, I am at the end of the no more running without a boot rope… cant wait so I shall have to design and make one myself. If it does not suck as good I shall order one later when he is up and running but I am just not seeing $75 for a shoe that should be knocked out in an hour. I understand we all got tons on the list but I like the idea of not having a pile of dust on my rails all day long.

Having just spent over an hour vacuuming up MDF dust, I can only agree. :grinning: I had to wash the keyboard to get the dust out.
A dust shoe or at least a diverter is the next thing I machine - and it won’t be out of MDF!

Looks great for carving something relatively flat but what happens when the item you are carving has 1" or 2" or more of vertical dimension? Are the brushes supposed to cause the shoe to ride up and down to self adjust vertically to maintain a seal at the work surface? Seems like the pressure on the shoe from the exhaust hose would interfere with smooth vertical sliding/self adjustment. Any thoughts??

The dust shoe does not move.
The router moves up and down through the shoe.
I have one and love it.