All hail the dewalt gods

I got it from http://www.modularhose.com/

Will the smallish diameter locline provide enough suction to catch the fan driven blizzard of sawdust?

Well, I put the 3d printed fan blocker on mine, but I think it would still do a good job without it.

I use the loc-line as well, and before I cut out the air diverted I still had dust everywhere.

1 Like

on mine i have no trouble pushing and holding the button to change bits. once the button is on the locking groove it doesnt take much pressure to hold it down. im curious if maybe you guys buttons are stiffer or maybe youre just pressing too hard?

1 Like

Maybe its a matter of positioning the button better. Mine is at about 8 o’clock just below the holder, Where is your button positioned?

Mine is at about 9 oclock just below the accessory mounting tab

I have started lowering my z axis with the bit in the collet to level i want the bit while the bit sits on either the work area or another piece of wood, that way the bit will stay in place while i hold the button with one hand and turn the wrench with another. Another note to remember, once you have pressure with the wrench on the collet the button will hold in place until you stop “wrenching”.

That breaks the pin inside push button. I replaced it recently. It is very thin, like graphite looking pin. If it’s not pushed all the way in, piece break and stays in lock position. That’s what happen to me. Just warning.

Not intending to argue the point, but whats the difference between continuing to hold the button in while wrenching versus taking finger off button once the “wrenching” has begun? The button doesn’t move when i remove finger from it, only when I let off of the wrench. Trust me, I am all about preventing bad habits, and I hate buying parts that I could prevent in the first place, just trying to figure out how those pins break. I have been watching that pin since I have had to install the deflector. Your right, it does seem tiny and fragile.

You are correct, there is no difference, there is spring. If you release your wrench a hair bit, spring loaded plastic push button moves back. Your pin half way in the lock house. If you try to tide your colette on that position, it breaks. It is very fragile. Seen is believing. If you break it, you’ll see colette doesn’t move at all, because no more spring loaded push button to pull that pin back. I have part number, and I ordered two, one is spare now.

I had several projects tonight that needed profile through cuts around a 6 x 6 inch white pine signs, so I decided to see how far I could push the 611. Using a 6mm 2 flute upcut endmill with a 3mm DOC I was able to run at 140 inches per minute with no problem (aside from the blizzard of sawdust). My Nema 17 motors had no problem keeping up and there was no chatter (the edges were so smooth they hardly needed any sanding), so there must not of been much bit deflection.

With the 300W spindle I could not push it much over 40 in/min and even at 40 there was noticeable chatter.

So a big thank you to everyone that convinced me to go with the Dewalt router.

8 Likes

With cut rates like that, you can start using feet… 12’ per minute!

Hi fellow ATL guys…

1 Like

@AllenMassey - Where did you get the bits? I’ve run mine at 100ipm…haven’t tried faster, but that is nice to hear.

I bought the bit from the thedrillman on ebay I think the 6mm was $9.

These are a few of the the signs. My son wanted to make plaques for his friends, they are all heading off to college today, so he has to finish them all last night.

5 Likes

very nice.

Hey @NAM37 I ordered on of those and it’s not for the dewalt 611 :frowning:

I know this question has been asked and answered (probably more than once), but I looked and could not find the answer.

My cheap .25 to .125 collet adapter is starting to let me know it is getting near the end of its useful life. Where can I find a quality adapter? I tried MLCS and could not find any adapters on their site. Just to clarify I need a quality adapter that will let me use my .125 inch shank bits in the .25 collet.

Thanks

If you’re looking for insert adapter, not the collet, this one worked for me long time, I decided to buy collet, before failing. It’s Amana tool.

http://www.amazon.com/Amana-RB-102-REDUCTION-BUSHING/dp/B001NI6KO8/ref=sr_1_3?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1443554330&sr=1-3&keywords=collet+reducer

Thanks Alan, that is exactly what I am looking for,