Andy’s Projects

Amen! Two failed attempts because Winblows powered down my USB ports, and another after I pulled it off and found out the holes were a tad too small. Because of that, it was a 20 minute fix instead of a 4.5 hour recut.

First attempt at a 3D carve. Had a scrap of oak. Generally happy with how it came out.

4 Likes

Testing an anniversary sign for my in-laws.

12 Likes

looks good

Just finished test cutting a gift for my sons autism therapist (hence the puzzle border). Pretty darn pleased with how it came out. I’ll make the final from some sort of hardwood (to be stained) and the puzzle border will be painted the colors of the autism speaks logo.

12 Likes

Very nice work.

1 Like

Where did you get the puzzle border?

I found an online puzzle generator to create the basic shapes. Then used Illustrator to piece it together in the shape wanted.

1 Like

Nice

Cannot wait to see the final product. Just remember hardwood carves slightly different than MDF so test those feeds, speeds, and depth of cut.

1 Like

Sacrificial wasteboard. Held down by 8 - M5x30 screws and the holes line up with the Inventables board. Still needs leveled, but it’s made and attached.

3 Likes

Wall piece for a friend.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Are these mdf? if so, how are you sealing them?

Yes, MDF. This one is 1/8”. It’s painted with a few coats of Rustoleum Painters Touch 2X.

1 Like

Looks amazing! What bit was used on the marvel disk and at what feed rate?

I can’t find 1/8” MDF to save my life

1 Like

Whiteside 1541, I don’t remember the feed rate, probably 80ipm because it was early on. I would do it faster now that I’ve tightened things up.

Around here they call it hardboard.

I can find the hardboard here. I’ve found 1/8" mdf online, but not anywhere local. I’d prefer mdf because all the hardboard I can find local doesn’t have a smooth back to it.

Finally got this one finished.

15 Likes