Angus's linuX-Carve

The ones I used went in from the top…Non Inventables inserts.

Thanks Angus, that’s basically what I was thinking. There are only two inserts that intersect the frame so those holes got countersunk. I think I only saved myself five minutes by not doing all of them.

Are you back in build mode?!?! :astonished:

Don’t know about delrin but this from locktites web site
prevents loosening from shock and vibration. Loctite® Threadlocker Blue 242 is particularly suited for applications on less active substrates such as stainless steel and plated surfaces, where disassembly is required for servicing.
Recommended For
RECOMMENDED FOR
Use on metal fasteners 1/4’ (6 mm) to 3/4’ (19 mm) in diameter such as bolts on small engines, swing sets and furniture
NOT RECOMMENDED FOR
Use on plastic parts, particularly thermoplastic materials where stress cracking of the plastic could result

They make one for plastic. The reason Blue isn’t recommended is because if you ever want to remove the screw, the plastic threads come with it :slight_smile: (Ask me how I know this)

Not sure if it is the same thing, but I used a disk sander and took some of the lip off of the wider smooth idlers. That way they sat properly. I also used the bearings and spacer from the original X-Carve idlers in the new idlers.

EDIT: I slid a blot through the assembled 9mm idlers and let it rest against the spinning disk sander and it evenly removed the material…not a lot, just enough so it would sit properly.

what is the size for the rails?