Apps in Easel: Vectorizing images

Love it!

I think hiding it in the icon menu is not at all intuitive.

I’d like to see some sort of easy box/joint generator. There are a few free “box” generators that will create all 6 sides. I actually contacted @Paulkaplan to get his planter box generator back online because I liked it better than some of the others

http://paulkaplan.me/designs/planter.html

Personally, I’d like to be able to take 2 objects with straight sides and be able to select how many joints or size of joints (and I’m talking basic finger joints) that would match them together with the right slots to make them join correctly at 90 degrees.

4 Likes

That’s a solid idea. Since Easel would already know the height of the material, it seems like it would be a pretty straightforward thing to calculate.

Agreed. We are working on this. Stay tuned.

3 Likes

I signed up for access to this feature yesterday, but it seems to not be present in my Easel.

For reference, there is a good t-slot box generator here: http://www.makercase.com/

I’m in the same boat. I am looking forward to giving this a try. Was there more we needed to do besides sign up and verify the email?

I didn’t think so, hmmmm.

It is a bit hidden under the Design Library icon

Looks like I may not be turned on yet. This is what mine looks like

I’ll check it again later.

Blair

I did not know there were other design items under the smiley face till I was looking for the new apps selection.

Mine is the same.

Hi guys,

Sorry we have to manually do it after you submit your email. I’ve just updated everyone who has recently submitted the form. You should now see “Apps” appear inside the design library.

Thanks Paul - It is there now. I will play with it over the next few days and let you know how it works for me!

Blair

Yay! It works! Thanks!

2 Likes

It was working great yesterday, but I just tried to upload an image into the vectorizer and I received this error message

[uuid=960D7AB01D784B54] This action has been secured by the developer of this website. Error: The signature has expired

Try refreshing the page. There is some odd expiration behavior with our image uploading. Let me know if refreshing helps.

I couldn’t find this earlier. Thanks to all who cleared up where to find it. I will give it a try in the next day or so. I’m looking forward to seeing how well it works. I’ve struggled a bit with Inkscape to date.

I refreshed the page and that fixed the problem. Thanks

##There is now a gear generator app also!

Check out this thread for more info: More Easel Apps: Gear generator!

3 Likes