Area clearing letters

Hi guys,

I need some help! Im trying to area clear some letters with someones name on it. I highlight each letter and “fill” and works a dream but iff i highlight say an ‘e’ or an ‘a’ it "fills the inside of the letter completely! i thought if i grouped the inside of the ‘e’ and outside and “filled” it it would know i dont want to fill the inside of the ‘e’. Am i missing something in the Easel to do this?

regards Sean

Ah yes! i selected the middle of the “a” and set to zero the filled the outside and looks like it will do what i want it to! Thanks very much Phil, yes i do all my drawings in artcam then import to easel for cutting.

1 Like

Also, if you set the insides to zero and then combine from the edit menu, it will join them as one shape ready to cut.

Alternately, you can set up your letters as a compound shape outside of Easel. In Illustrator you can “minus front” and combine multiple shapes. I’m not exactly sure of the tool command for Inkscape.

1 Like

Hang on iv lost it now. If i highlight the middle of the ‘a’ and set fill to zero or outside to zero? then highlight the outside of the ‘a’ and fill to say 2mm? or highlight both and fill? iv tried both but its not working?

Im sorry Phil im lost! everything i do it just stays filled like this?

regards Sean

Brilliant! thanks Phil, lifesaver!

1 Like

I put up a few vids on basic Easel operations that you might find helpful. Take a look at the “Booleans” vid.

1 Like

Very helpful video, thanks Jason.