Belting set up

Hmmm… If it glides perfectly before the belts then ther may be wires touching on the Y-stepper motors… Make sure that the wires aren’t touching anything or each other because they could turn into generators that way, and cause quite the resistance if feeding each other.

@sketch42 – First I made sure the V-wheels were loose. When that wasn’t the problem I disconnected both belts from the dynamic side. Taking a closer look at everything, one of the motor shafts seems to be locked up - or close to it. It was very hard to rotate. I made sure the wires were separated and not touching, and VIOLA. You were right, maybe I’ll just go ahead and hook those up to the terminal block and get it out of the way. Thanks!

1 Like

Awesome! Glad you got it sorted.

Yeah, I did the same with mine… I skipped ahead and did the wiring to the terminals and then came back and continued in the instructions.

If you’d like to see what I did during my setup, I posted about it here:

User Assembly Tips - #36 by sketch42

Already got them and machine up and running great. Thanks.

1 Like

Nice!

Happy carving.

Great.

I cut 3 equal lengths (I have the 1000mm) and ran the x-axis belt through both tensioners. I have what feels like a lot left over. I measured the length of belt, and it’s about 4’5". Am I just to snip off several inches of excess?

After you have your belts routed and tightened, it will be easy to clip off any excess.

Hello,
Please, I need clear instruction on this. How exactly am i to cut the belt for 1000mm x-carve. I got new 1000mm x-carve i am asseblying at the moment.

Hello,
Please, I need clear instruction on this. How exactly am i to cut the belt for 1000mm x-carve. I got new 1000mm x-carve i am asseblying at the moment. Please, help

The instructions say 7 feet for the X and repeat twice for the Y axis. I simply used scissors to cut my belting to size.

Yep scissors or wire cutters should do the trick and the measurements for each size machine should be clearly labeled in the instructions.

Edit: just double checked and the instructions say to cut the belting into three equal lengths.
on this page: Redirecting…