Best Dust Shoe / Boot Design EVER ! "Suckit"

Nice Phil. Are you making yours for the stock spindle or something else?

1 Like

I just backed this project. I really need it and almost wish I could buy it right this second.

1 Like

Looks like the link posted only took me to the video.

I took off the https: so people could see the link;

www.kickstarter.com/projects/1186424975/suckit-amazing-cnc-dust-boot/

Hey All, I just thought I would let everybody know that the kickstarter campaign for the Suckit dust boot only has a few more hours left.
Happy carving!
www.kickstarter.com/projects/1186424975/suckit-amazing-cnc-dust-boot?ref=discovery

1 Like

The Kickstarter campaign for the Suckit dust boot for X-Carve ends on Sunday, April 3rd at 11 AM CDT. I have backed the project. Hurry if you want to get in on this and end the mess.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1186424975/suckit-amazing-cnc-dust-boot?ref=nav_search

Looking forward to it! This one will be interesting, and I think it’s finally a Kickstarter I can actually trust to deliver. lol

I ordered one. I’m a little worried about their ability to make 185 in two months, but we’ll see.

1 Like

Well, first rule of kickstarter is that it’s ALWAYS late. XD

1 Like

Tick Tock – Only 3 hours left till the Kickstarter discount ends!

How can I get one?

The Kickstarter has ended, but I noticed that they have a site up:

Actually, I’ve been pretty lucky so far. I’ve done a few now and they’ve all been pretty much on time.

Wow, you have been lucky! I’ve been involved in a few. Couple came in on time, one got canceled right after I backed out, turned out it was a scam, and one was an utter and unmitigated disaster.

Yeah, most have been way late, if at all. I backed this one because nothing on it is rocket science. Not a gazillion parts, most easily sourced or made. Looked like the design had been settled and everything else was fairly simple. If my time vs. cost was not so different I would have made one. He had some original ideas that I see others are “borrowing”.

Yeah, about the same way I figured it. I expect it to be very late (they all are) but I’d expect this one to actually deliver eventually. :slight_smile:

I’m sure looking forward to using it, the design just looks brilliant. I think I’m just going to re-work my hold-down plan to make it more appropriate for a fixed shoe. Go to pushers, instead of top toggles, etc.

Yeah, I’m hoping it will still work with top clamps, I can’t imagine cam clamps actually pulling my material down flat, and @PhilJohnson has made a very similar boot, so if it’s working for him, maybe we’ll be in luck too.

I’m very much looking forward to the boot, though. I’m hoping it will have enough suction to clean out the shavings when I use a straight flute. With my current set up they just pack in so I have to use an up-cut spiral instead.

How are your rails attached to the Z axis? Did you drill new holes through it to mount the rails? Looks like the SuckIt boot has something on the bottom and top to secure his rails in place.

I like the idea of the hole being large enough for the router to plunge into and not just the collet. Do you experience less suction with the larger opening?

I also like the idea of building my own, but also don’t want to reinvent the wheel. I missed out on Kickstarter so have no clue how long I would have to wait. And I need something YESTERDAY!

1 Like

Great thanks! I can’t get to the link you posted - says I don’t have access?

It’s an inventables message saying we don’t have access, I get the same thing. I don’t see anything related using those search terms on this site or Google.