Best Dust Shoe / Boot Design EVER ! "Suckit"

https://discuss.inventables.com/t/dust-boot-inspired-by-youtube-video/19854/135

1 Like

I did search this forum, the only instance of “suckit files” appeared in this thread. @DavidSpencer has linked it though, so we’re good.

1 Like

The dust shoe looks good, Philjohnson. I was building my 4th one and then I saw your design but your L brackets were too big for my 3d printer so I had to design them from scratch( It was my very first 3d design) so it took me a while. Mine looks similar to yours except for my t-tracks, I designed those so they slide on the gantry and get tighten with a couple of screws, I didn’t wanna drill more holes in it. my shop vac is really small so is not as strong as yours but I will upgrade that soon. But Im happy with it. Thanks for posting your drawings, they really helped me a lot in my design and the “suck it” design too. More than likely I will buy that too just to have it I guess.

3 Likes

Seems like alot of weight hanging off the Z axis.

1 Like

That thing is not heavy at all. That was my first thought when I saw phil’s but when I was finished with all the parts and put together, it wasnt heavy and the front hanging is not bad either. I made those parts only 10% infill, so that helped with the weight too.

Mouse paaaaaad! :joy:

1 Like

I’ll have my own decent 3D printer here shortly, I’m looking forward to playing with my own designs as well! There seems to be almost an infinite variety available.

1 Like

Thanks Phil. and Im sure that Ill make something else later on, every design here inspires all of us to make something different and hopefully better. Thank you all for keeping this forum alive and still strong!

2 Likes

I wish I had a 3d printer tho machining this on wood working tools and the XCarve made for a cleaner look. I only hope it works as well as it looks…

What keeps the arms from sliding down the blue track? And how do the blue tracks attach to the gantry?

I second this question

I actually drilled and tapped the t track to the bracket while it was on the machine - and the weight of the shoe on the arms is almost enough pressure to keep it in place but I am going to drill and tap a tightening screw thru the upper area - it does not have to be very big and I will be using a small thumb screw or possibly a knurled screw if there is room.

This thread has got me thinking about machining something in wood.and using t-track like PWAC has.

Thick acrylic is kinda hard to come by around here as well so good old plywood will probably be incorporated with a viewing window.
Kinda of holding off though as i am considering an upgrade to the z axis like what is found here.

Hard to see thru Plywood

The original prototype I made had arms of Oak and a plywood dust shoe I even cut out a square viewing port dropped in a piece of plexi it seemed too weak with a groove cut into it but now with the brush channel I screwed to the side I think wood - would work fine.

I cry when I see this. There’s very little that Amazon ship to Australia. When they do, shipping is prohibitive.

Im not far from where the Mississippi river looks like a babbling brook, because it is.

Amazon is beginnig to become my go to for almost everything because they have almost everything…

2 Likes

Well, did anyone get there “Suck it” yet? I haven’t seen any feed back on this yet.

I’m sure looking forward to receiving mine. Hopefully it’s worth the wait.

I don’t know where my order landed in the line so I hope when people start getting there’s they will be sharing here, so the rest of us who are still waiting can see it in action.

Yep, got the same message. The maker posted a picture of a goodly pile of 'em all packed up and ready to roll, said they would be shipping starting in a day or two. Looks pretty solid to me, I’m really looking forward to getting mine and trying it out. :slight_smile: