Beta Easel Driver Linux support (Debian & Ubuntu)

I think it is important to show the successes not just show the failures during a beta. We actually have had way more successes, just a few small issues.

Here are 3 signs that turned out perfectly using the beta Linux driver.

Awesome job @KacperMarcisz !

2 Likes

Had a few minutes and our router has been returned, so tried out the Linux drivers on our older 500 x 500 using the Arduino setup.

Any news on the USB disconnects?

I am using linux mint and have installed the linux driver… However for some reason my my home position doesn’t seem to be getting set right. The machine keeps trying to carve off of the left of the board.

Here is the project…
http://easel.inventables.com/projects/dA6MbTqUkjEfdphuAffrpA

Just a simple box… for some reason the x home position doesn’t seem right.

Ok. No something else is wrong. I just hooked it to a windows machine and it is still doing the same thing.

@DanielLong, you might want to start another topic and explain what is going wrong. Sounds like you’re not setting your work zero correctly.

Next time this happens is there any way you could file an error report? It would be very helpful in debugging.

1 Like

@DanielLong this does not seem like a Linux driver issue. Please get in touch with our customer service and they will help you to get carving in no time!

I got this working on my windows laptop tonight. I will try to run something tomorrow night on my linux laptop. I had to run the machine setup again. Then it worked.

Testing tonight on my linux machine and it is working. Had to reset up the machine and tighten one of the belts… Everything is not perfect. I will open a new topic for this.

2 Likes

Anyone else interested in testing the Linux driver?

1 Like

I am up and running perfectly now… I love it!

1 Like

Been running it on our 500 x 500 for a week and no problems at all.

1 Like

I loaded today the driver on my Linux Mint 18.3. Installation worked quick and well and I carved 2 projects without issues. Only the use of my z-probe was not possible.
Great progress. :+1: :wink:

Thanx,
Marcel

What kind of issues did you have when using the Z-Probe? I am using probe on Linux myself so I suspect some factor other than Linux is the culprit here.

Well, the program did not even offer me to use the z-probe. It was only asked to place the bit as near as possible to the workpiece. But I will not exclude that I made something wrong or overlooked a chance to use it. I will try tomorrow once again.

It might be that you have not selected the Z-Probe when setting up the machine. I would suggest visiting Easel and running the setup procedure again to make sure the Z-Probe is selected.

1 Like

That was it! I re-run the setup with the linux-system and now the z-probe is incorporated.

Thank you very much, great support!
Marcel

1 Like

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know we switched our second machine over to Xubuntu yesterday, so everything we carved yesterday was done using Linux drivers 4 or 5 projects and all came out perfectly.

Very happy to be back out of the windows world :slight_smile:

Thanks !

Steve

1 Like

Any chance there will be a 32-bit build and a 32-bit arm build in the future?

Thanks!

Steve

As of right now we are focused on releasing the 64bit x86 version of the Linux driver to the general public.
Are there specific use cases where 32 bit or ARM you are running into?