Bobcad or Bobart software?

I have been using Bobcad for 5 years on and off here at work on a FADAL cnc
I am retiring soon and won’t have the cnc but I want to buy an xcarve. I know how to use
bobcad and bob art. But before I buy the xcarve is the post working from bobcad to xcarve

Sorry for the delay in the reply. I have not really had a chance to check out the new post processor that has been written for the xcarve. I have been out of town. Predator will not work with the xcarve due Predator does not recognize the USB port. after I get a chance to use it more I will make another post.

Thank you for the update. Please let me know

Hey Vickyii, did you ever find a post processor for BobCAd?
I just bought BobCAd and I didn’t see anything that looked like it would work with the X-Carve.
Thanks

I just bought BobCAD and wanted to know what Post Processor to use with my X-Carve?
Thank you

Gary
Here’s the post-processor BobCAD support created (attached). Extract into C:\BobCAD-CAM Data\BobCAD-CAM V28\Posts\Mill and choose the generic BC_3x_Mill machine and then change the post-processor to the XCarve.MillPst post-processor file.Predator will not work with the xcarve due Predator does not recognize the USB port.

http://email.inventables.com/wf/click?upn=s40TVxdzdIE7S6CEsV-2Fz-2FuLraILSq88fBhT9t8Be62tUuF7Lc2RxpYmLaBkOOYmTyJEiVCZp3601c68KSAI3nnFpfRJ2zMCVWu5CnPiG-2BXFTYoxk2VHgFsGZg6toA09XDdn2H0SmyA9KLbeeknfq5A-3D-3D_0hNRSwD3Y1e9s3pPRNWHlcv8fm61FszQvnQRTnJ5z04AmSfYiGr2YbI-2BPmqSD47s70-2Beia0EUSnIrBHU5bRFSFllfJBGjXdVyARcW0FNEHjzsMZRstC89KlZ9PDGdNZ-2BjhH-2FIWX-2BdMU5wKu9rSNwWopKcsp8Vpu0XjtJng7ijXf3w9HdMRPjcCSH-2Fx5fxovh4Yy8WG59KAv9Pr29cV5ZAjXyFyBEEmfXSBbyWmXabVY-3D

Thank you so very much!

this not work…

I was looking at BobCAD, BobArt, BobNest… It’s extremely high end. Used by NASA and Ford, etc. Would be great if it would work with the X-Carve.

It does. Alde Poalo worked up a post-processor here:

There are modified/improved versions of it farther down the thread.

I use BobCAD, BobArt, with the X-Carve but I use Mach3 setup with a TB6560 controller. I still use the X-Carve software also and export the gcode to Mach3. I think the setup is the best of two worlds.

We’ve made a few new ones aswell. If anyone needs help with BobCAD, I got your back!