Bobscnc switching x and y

No problem! You are welcome…I’m glad you got it working, and that sign turned out great.
Don’t be scared of messing with the firmware. I teach 12-14yr olds how to program Arduino, and they do some pretty cool stuff.
One nice thing about those shields is that you could buy a few Arduinos (you can get them cheap at microcenter), keep the one that you know works, upload new firmware on a different one, swap the shield to the new one and try it out. If it’s a disaster, power down and swap the old one back in.

Hi want to do the same switch it around, you didn’t explain what you did, I’m a beginner and I’m still leaning. I would like to know.

I am curious as to how this works sorry that I am bringing this back from the dead…lol

@BrianRhea

1 Like

the jumper part is where im having trouble not sure what you mean?

1 Like

Saw the pic you sent me.
So you’re using the auto-squaring feature?

You’ll have to edit and install new firmware.

1 Like

was hoping to avoid that part but learning something new is never a bad thing
ps the zaxis homing switch is in series with the x2 homing switch as well?

1 Like

It’s all explained in this thread.

The switch will be ok. It’ll be Y2 soon. :wink:

1 Like

great im awaiting the updated pic…lol thank you for this help

1 Like

You won’t need to mess with jumpers. Just swap X and Y motors, change the firmware, and you’ll be good.

1 Like

x1 with y and then firmware?

1 Like

Well, firmware needs to be installed before you power up, but yes.

1 Like

so im now lost and can’t find the existing source code to edit via Arduino? it was only installed to run drivers UGS runs machine

1 Like

This.

unfortunately I don’t understand this Jargon guess it will have to be dumbed down for me, or back to the wrong way the instructions dont make sense to me

Where’d you get stuck?
Did you click the link and read the instructions?
Let us know where you get stuck.

1 Like

sorry for the delay on reply having trouble finding the grbl file however I may have stumbled across it via BobsCnc website Troubleshooting: Reflashing the Controller – BobsCNC but it is an executable file so not sure how to edit?

1 Like

I have been following this thread for quite some time, and I am confused with how you did this without updating the firmware settings. I’m not sure or confident on how to do that, lol. Did you just switch the x and y stepper plugs on the board as well as the jumpers for the limit switches?

1 Like

Main X/Y Were Swapped (only the 2 mains, not the one that’s currently in A/Y2 position)
Arduino firmware was adjusted per this message just before the Flag image…

Thank you for the quick response but i have no idea how to adjust the firmware

1 Like