Bobscnc switching x and y

see the blue “here” in that photo? you’ll need to scroll up to that location in the actual forum and click that “here” and it has step by step instructions on how to download the necessary program and how to get into the firmware editor. If the written steps are not clear enough, there are plenty of videos on YouTube about “how to update Arduino Uno firmware”

Thank you very much! I will be doing this :pray:

1 Like

That is really nice. I asked a similar question too. I too have a Bob CNC E4 and I desperately need my tiling feature flipped. I would really like to know what you did in the end to make this work. Thanks, Kristi

1 Like

@KristiYates If you read the thread from the beginning, it’s all in there.
At it’s simplest,

1 Like

Ok this is old thread but maybe some can help. I have the key studio arduino but the pononeer 3.51 sheild and everything was working fine until I did this swap. Cnc wise it’s awesome it works. But afterwards I noticed that my laser also would stay on the whole time like it lost its pwm and ground. On the I’m board it’s always been right above spindle dir now I can’t find it

@NeilFerreri1 I know this thread has been quiet for a while now but I’ve tried working through your suggestion and I’m getting nowhere. I made the adjustments to the config.h file and tried to follow the instructions from the github page you provided but I keep getting errors on the upload and just doesn’t seem to work. The last error was something like “expected declaration” at some point in the file and cancelled upload. I’m not proficient in programing and stuff like this so following the step by step was not easy and I imagine I messed something up.

Can you get the complete error?
Are you using the Arduino ide?
Can you upload your config.h file here… You’ll have to add it to a zip or change the extension to txt.

@NeilFerreri1 I’ve uploaded the complete error code I received trying it this morning. Also uploaded the config file as well. Both in txt format.
Yes I’m using the Arduino ide. I’ve also dropped a photo of my board as it is right now. I’ve managed to adjust the movement of the gantry so it’s switched to where the original X is now Y and Y now X. It will no longer home though.
config.txt (48.5 KB)
error.rtf (1.2 KB)