Carvey cuts off path and too deep

I wanted to add a conclusion to this post, since we’ve pretty much solved the problems we were having. Shout out to John Hayes, a member of the Inventables support team who was super helpful and patient as we exchanged emails getting it all ironed out.

The recommended feeds & speeds were updated in Easel since my earlier posts, and some of those really aggressive values have been brought back down. In the interim, I found the recommended chiploads for a few materials in this thread and used that to calculate appropriate values (based on the Carvey’s apparently consistent 12000 rpm).

After much testing and measuring of cut depths, John added a z offset to our machine. This ended up overcorrecting (guessing there was a minor update in Easel which was not apparent), so we eventually removed that but now have correct depths! Hooray for Inventables’ work behind the scenes.

I’ve now successfully cut a variety of materials with several different bits and am super excited to do more projects. :slight_smile:

3 Likes