Change Baud Rate

I use the one that says xcarve and then run it thru cncj"s.

1 Like

I can use gSender on my mac without problems. It’s a nice app and a good alternative. But…I’m stubborn. So I installed OpenBuilds Control on my Windows 11 (Parallels). Then I installed the Easel and FTDI drivers. Driver says it is installed, but the device says it doesn’t have a driver and Windows can’t find one for it. I’m pretty sure I just installed it with that whole FTDI thing I was talking about, but what do I know?

1 Like

On a normal windows PC you can simply restart windows and as it boots up (With the CNC plugged in and turned on) it will sense the USB port connection and it will somehow manage to auto install the missing driver for the CNC chipset. Not sure if this will work with parallels, but worth a quick restart to try :person_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve tried so many combinations of restarting and reinstalling drivers and stuff. Parallels shows that the device is connected to Windows. Windows just can’t seem to connect the driver to the device.

1 Like

Any drivers you have are not for the OS, they are for the chipset on the machine. Your drivers are probably for typical Windows CPUs (Intel, AMD) and not for ARM.
Your probably have to get in touch with FTDI or the parallels forums to get more knowledgeable answers.

Is OpenBuilds Control really THAT good?
Once you run my tool change macros on gSender, you won’t look back.

3 Likes

Are you offering some free macros? :smile: I want to compare the two. There are some intriguing things about both.

2 Likes

Always sharing.

2 Likes

With Neil’s help I’m sure you’ll be just as capable, probably moreso, in gSender. I like openbuilds because it’s quite capable without much knowledge/skill at all… but when ones even half as skilled as Neil, then gSender is certainly more capable than OpenBuilds. With his help you’ll be set!!

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity I changed the bit rate in device manager (windows) on the com device that the XCP was installed under to 115200. After doing so (did not perform a restart) I opened OpenBuilds and connected to that same com port and it worked. I jogged the machine and homed it and everything appeared to work fine. I have not run a carve yet. All this was done without changing the firmware. Just throwing this out there as a possible easy workaround without changing your firmware.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.