Completed Super Mario, carved and hand painted miniature arcade cabinet side

Title says it all, 1/4" Baltic Birch, Acrylic Paint.

13 Likes

That is gorgeous! Nicely done!

Thanks!

Really nice job. What 's the scale? Are you going the Raspberry Pi route?

Hey! This is only about 22" x 10", made this more as a wall decoration. I have had plans (or at least ambitions) of making a “full size” cabinet. When I do decide to build a cabinet I will likely go with a raspberry pie or possibly…an Ouya (already have one just rotting in the closet)

Nice job!

Carving the line art was a brilliant idea… has great effect. Good job.

Even as wall art, it’s a fantastic idea. I’m designing a 1:2.5 scale Galaga cabinet with an 8" CRT.

Acrylic Craft Paints!

That sounds really cool, this project has me wanting to create a small scale cabinet for me and my son, it’s hard to do with a new style tv because of the ratio!

Thats fantastic! I’ve had a full-size Mame cabinet for a decade now. Building it was most of the fun. Your cab is much more impressive!

What bits did u use?. I would like to do something like this for my son’s 18th birthday

Great idea! Built MAME cabinet for my kids a few years back. I may re-do the sides of the cabinet using your idea.

Her’es mine… all the files done in solidworks, going to release them soon once I make some final tweaks… don’t have any really terrific shots, and these don’t show it with the buttons lit up (LED’s).

I really like the idea of carving line art into the surface and painting it that way, wish I had thought of it. Mine is pretty stark design-wise because I don’t really have a designers eye.

1 Like

On the contrary, that’s really awesome.

If this can be done on the 1000mm x-carve kit then shutup and take my money! How much for the plans? :stuck_out_tongue:

Very cheap, but don’t wanna hijack this thread… I will reach out to you when it is finalized :slight_smile:

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions in the meantime

arcade cabinet SVG file.

1 Like

this is awesome! do you have this project in easel that you could share?