DC comics aztec style calender

I tried a different vbit and also didn’t go as deep and it turned out alot better this time around

2 Likes

That looks amazing!! The details pop much better. So glad you cracked it.

My only thought on it was a Justice League logo for the center since Supes is on there twice … But that logo is kind of bleh and the S shield so iconic that I wouldn’t touch a thing.

Well done by you

Thanks mate, I thought the same thing about the logo in the middle although I am going try different variations and see what I can come up with. It’s been a welcome distraction doing the design so I will just keep going

Iv started on the starwars version, what do you think?

3 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

That is cool! The Falcon will take a while to carve.

Thanks Steve, I’ll find out today how long it takes and see how much detail I lose in the process

what bit you using? I have switched from the whiteside 60 to the Amana 45 for just about everything

I also used to use a 60 but now using a 45. I find it easier to use the same bit for everything, I’m lazy like that lol

I got it machined and didn’t turn out to bad, may change a few thing yet.

5 Likes

Looks fantastic!

1 Like

I love it!

Falcon at the middle is genius.

I think my favorite thing is the Death Star with a field of x wings. This would look cool with the Star Wars Lego helmets my son has been building.

1 Like

Came out great!

1 Like

Well done it looks fantastic

1 Like

They both look amazing! Try setting a flat depth of 0.15" and using a better quality mdf. The stuff at Home Depot is brutal for carving. That should limit the breakage.

Thanks buddy, I upgraded the bit and it’s a far better cut than the ebay vbits. I should know better than to buy cheap bits lol

I have never thought of degrees of quality in MDF … most of which I buy at Menards. Any tips as to how to note better vs worse?

1 Like

Very NICE! Love it.

The falcon came out great!

I changed a few things to make the falcon a little clearer

3 Likes