DeWalt 611 Non-destruct Automatic Spindle Control

AlanDavis and PikeLake had the outstanding intro and feedback on the box. The relay controls the router power on/off essentially. I set the speed on the router. I have not tried to determine if I could control the speed with the box at all. In my case, I have the yellow and black cords running to both the power relay and the gshield pins. Essentially copying this photo:

3 Likes

This is awesome! I do have a question though. I am using a TB6560 control board and will be using Mach 3 with a DWP611ā€¦ will this product work for me given my setup? Thank you

1 Like

I bought this relay in anticipation of my X-Carve. I finally did my machine setup yesterday and this worked beautifully. Thanks for this!

2 Likes

@WilliamJames Iā€™m not sure. Iā€™m using Easel straight up on a Mac. Plug and play :slight_smile:

@pike_lake Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

@pike_lake - have you used this relay to power on your spindle via UGC? Mine powers on if I flip the spindle switch on the power supply to the on position, but in the logic position, my 611 doesnā€™t power up - Iā€™ve got it wired just like in your first picture. (for some reason I canā€™t connect to my machine via Easel - Inventables Tech Support couldnā€™t figure out why though)

To turn mine on I have to send an M04 command and for off an M03.

Little odd, but it works.

@ErikJenkins Iā€™m REALLY new to this (like, tech support got me rolling this morning). I assume the M04 and M03 get edited into the gcode before itā€™s brought into UGC? I tried that and it doesnā€™t turn my 611 on.

try to type in the commands in UGS and see what happens.

make sure it works for you before adding it into a gcode file

try to turn it on with an M03 command

I tried the M03 command in UGS - it returns with OK, but the 611 doesnā€™t start up.

Try M04, mine doesnā€™t start with M03 either

Stupid fat thumbā€¦I meant M04 doesnā€™t start it (but neither does M03, for that matter)

Check your wiring, make sure the switch is on logicā€¦

Also verify that you are using the correct pin on the arduino.

Which pin on the arduino? That could explain a few thingsā€¦ I went just like in the top pic in this thread. S+ and S- on power interface to the +/- on the relay, the spindle switch on the power interface was set to logic (even though itā€™s set to off in this photo), and the 611 was powered on, plugged into one of the normally off outlets, and the power switch on the relay was on.

Do I need to change up how itā€™s wired?

1 Like

I canā€™t tell in that photo where the black and yellow wire are attached on the arduinoā€¦

From the left, pins 4 (yellow) & 7 (black)

So is that pin 11 and Ground?

yup