Dewalt 611 replacement parts

Yeah, Allen I’ve gone through it being a USB issue. I have ran the X-Carve for a long time without any issue, so I knew my laptop had adequate power, but I thought maybe dust was leading to a bad connection, so I cleaned everything and I reset my usb connections, but it was just getting worse and worse, dropping out after only minutes.

Somebody mentioned the brushes in a different thread as a possibility so I was very curious to see what would happened with a new router. I carved for a couple of hours Saturday after installing the new router and then for several hours Sunday and then for about 7 hours today and not a single interrupted job.

So I’m sure there are other reasons for jobs quitting but it looks like this was the cause for me this time. I’m very relieved :grinning:

I have seen that some other were seeing electrical noise from the Dewalt when the brushes went bad. I am glad you figured out what was causing your problem. It would good to see if replacing the brushes in your Dewalt also fixed the problem.

Yeah, I’m curious too. I should have new brushes this week so when this router goes out (apparently here in a few weeks) I will find out.

I think Dewalts quality has gone down significantly. I was talking to a friends who has used their products in his business for years and he was saying how he doesn’t buy Dewalt anymore they just don’t last as long as other options in the same price bracket.

I got mine here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X1LF708/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I clicked on your link and the price says 29,95 not 16.99

I originally posted that in Nov 2015. Looks like they upped their price a lot. There are still people selling reasonably.

I ordered 3 pack of these.
The hour meter is a great Idea.
Has it gotten any legs?

This is where I get mine price has been the same for a long time now

I ordered the two set kit and thanks to everyone who helped. I will not have to deal with Lowes anymore.

Hello all I just ran into the same deal with my Dewalt and have been looking for the replacement brushes. I found that by going to Buckeye Tool Supply directly instead of Amazon you could get a better price. Unless of course this is a sale for today only. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyway I found a set of 4 with free shipping for $16.99. Here’s the link. https://www.buckeyetoolsupply.com/dewalt-dwp611-porter-cable-450-router-4-pack-replacement-brush-a27343-4pk/

2 Likes

Yes, that’s a good deal but be careful. Before I saw the 4 brush deal, I saw a pair for $12. I ordered them and they charged me @25.38 because I ordered 2 sets. They only sent me 2 brushes and said they were sold as “each” when the item clearly stated 2 brushes for $12. I disputed it but to no luck. I chalked it up as lesson learned… LOL I will do the 4 brush deal next time and see what happens…

For what you spend on brushes for a war you can buy a Makita 700 series router-$79.00.

MIsprint. I meant to so for what you spend for brush’s for a year. New batteries needed for keyboard.

Thats you. See above.

How many Makita user’s report their brushes wear on this forum. By default(DeWalt) of course there are more DeWalt users than Makita since that is what comes with the kit. But there is a large number of people using Makita and you don’t hear a thing from them.

Harbor freight trim router all the way up to the best of the best top of the line trim router have about the same run time. It’s the nature of a high speed universal motor. The harbor freight trim router tends to fry the bearings before the brushes are in need of replacement. Granted the lower operating rpm of the makita will give you some more time. But at around 150 hours most are ready for a brush change and should be replaced before failure is reached to lessen wear in the commutator.

My router is connected to the matrix. When the brushes get low, it signals a service center and a guy in a yellow jumpsuit is waiting in my driveway when I wake up. Surprised you guys don’t have that.

4 Likes

I have the new rail it is very nice should work well for you.

Thank you for the pointer.I’m kinda lost on this internet-forum gig. Just last night I learned how to insert pictures in my messages.