Inventables Community Forum

Dewalt 611 Spindle Lock Device

I have been looking at the different methods of locking the spindle on a Dewlat 611 when changing tools. I was looking at the method of raising the router and putting a screw through the router mount but was VERY apprehensive of doing so in case I forgot to remove it. I thought about it careful and I have designed and 3D printed a small unit that you push over the spindle lock button and it keeps it locked in place whilst changing the tool. It is very easy to use and only takes seconds to install and remove. If anyone is interested I have placed the design on Thingiverse.com under the title Dewalt 611 Spindle Lock. It is FREE to download and use the file. I would appreciate feedback if you print it and the design.

7 Likes

Nice i think i could use something like that.

Thanks - Downloading and printing now!

I don’t have the 3d printer but anyone willing to make one to sell?

Whereabouts are you? I’m in the UK. I could print one for you.

Hi Allan, works pretty well thanks, I’m wondering what you modelled it in? I use Fusion360 (wondered if you could share the design) - just wondered if it could benefit from the short arm side wrapping round a bit more? It grips bit it also pings off quite easily.
Great idea though - Thanks

I only used Tinkercad as I dont have Fusion. Never had a problem with it coming off but please feel free to modify it.

Are you pushing is on from the front or the bottom? I use it straight from the front

Straight from the front - will keep playing!

Thanks for sharing the spindle lock design.
Super easy to use, and printed off nicely for me.

that is awesome! thank you so much for uploading the file

Many thanks for the file. It fits like a glove and works even better!
Cheers,
Craig

Awesome idea & design! Also no 3d printer. Have any luck in finding someone to print it?

Charles

That looks to be 2d, could likely be made from baltic birch or possibly a few layers of hardwood.

1 Like