Dewalt DWP611 Dust Shoe

That looks really good! What thickness is the Vinyl and where did you order it from? It is not being sucked up at all and it does not seem to have any effect on the Z axis movement, I think you have a winner.

Edit -------------

Is this the same stuff?

http://stripdoorsonline.com/home/16596-replacement-strip-for-a-door-height-of-2-feet.html

I cut lines every 1/4", maybe little more narrower gives better softness. But generally I like it. I wish you can stop by to get some from here. Ordered smallest amount was 8" X 7’ strip. Sitting here.
If you like to order, it’s very cheap.

Is it .06 inches thick? The other place will sell me a smaller quantity (4" x 2’)

If you find 0.06" that is better and might be softer. This one is 0.078

anyone tried mounting this ? for 8$ it seems like a good start and is made for the dewalt 611

yeah, i see the problem. Just wasn’t sure. Its hard to visualize all this without the machine in hand yet. Thanks Angus.

Quick question.
The specs state the the tapped holes on the left side of the Dewalt611 mount are for M4 screws.
Is that true? My M4 DIN 912 screws seem too small for the holes on my mount…

Something I’ve missed?

I’m wondering the same thing. would be interested in knowing the answer also.

Mine uses the same M4 screws that the standard spindle mount does. The holes seem slightly large, but the thread fits.

On mine the middle hole can hold an M4 screw more or less properly. The two others, although the threads do grab the screws, have a lot of room to move. A dust shoe prototype I tried fastening there is just too wobbly to trust.

I think someone did a poor job tapping mine…

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this. I was wondering what vacuum hose to use as my shop vac hose is very stiff. This is simply the perfect solution. I am still struggling to decide what to do about the dust shoe.

1 Like

Ebr, I think you are right. Mine are poorly tapped also. I think I will drill and tap mine to 10-32 if I can, rather than take a chance on the existing threads.
I’m open to suggestions if this will be a problem.

1 Like

Looking on line it looks as if this attach’s to the router base and the router plunges up and down through it. I don’t see how this would work with the x-carve.

Yeah, you are correct James. I didn’t have any of the equipment in hand when i saw this. It doesn’t work without thr base. I was just looking for options. Now im thinking i should have bought a dirt bike. Lol

Nah, you’ll have more fun with this and you won’t be breaking any bones either!

Taylor Ledak - I tried your Dewalt 611 Air Diverter and Dust Shoe | Inventables.

As someone else noted on the project page, I also ended up with an extremely thing piece of material left over and after going through the last tab the whole thing gave way and started to get caught up in the spindle. It seems as though there have been success stories here with the file so it has to be an issue on my end.

Did you cut everything on your file at once? I opened your file, set my zero on my machine, used a 1/8" bit and let it go. It dutifully ate away the 0.48" corian down to only sawdust and a thin wafer of nothing…any thoughts would be great. I am really getting tired of chasing my machine with a vacuum cleaner.

@JeremyHill I think you might have some issues with your machine, since I see that you have a few holes that don’t match up and line up properly. It could be that your machine is getting stuck in an area and thinking it has moved when in fact it hasn’t. I say this because I’ve run into an issue with holes and patterns not lining up on some of my projects.

I actually just cut out the TaylorLedak design earlier today, but I did make some adjustments to his file since my router is mounted in an opposite direction than most in this thread. I rotated the air diverter section 180*. I also changed the depth of the drill holes to only be 1/8" deep in their respective locations. I will drill and countersink on the underside by hand since I was also having an issue holding the vacuum line by hand a little too close to the machine (it ran into it a couple time causing it to skip).

I had to start and stop three times thanks to static electricity…As I chased the machine with my vacuum, I would inadvertently touch the machine and get a shock. Once that happened, my machine went in a different direction. I would start over again using the same zero point and invariably something would be slightly off. The bigger problem was that it cleared all of the material away. So I will try again at some point in the near future. I am glad others are still having success with the file because that definitely narrows it down to me having an issue somewhere in my setup.

Thanks PeterHelewski for the feedback.

You’re welcome @JeremyHill. It might be beneficial to work out your bugs on some test pieces of 1/2" MDF instead of wrecking a few more expensive plastic sheets.

success! I had to wipe the arduino as I was watching it twitch a bit too much in the rapid movements. I also did a tune up on all of the belts and v-wheels to ensure they were tight and/or loose as appropriate. So the part is cut now thankfully. I have the rest of the dust shoe coming in the mail soon. I look forward to having a relatively dust-less workspace with this set up.

4 Likes