Dewalt DWP611 Dust Shoe

thank you very much for this

1 Like

only $20!?! gotta share a link!

John
Www.picengrave.com

1 Like

wow that was a fast reply. that was the one I found but it was a little more just thought maybe you had seen another one.

thanks for being “that guy”. I was wondering the same thing but didnt want to ask.lol

1 Like

@AlanDavis I know this is an old thread but you mentioned getting .078 vinyl door strips that were 7 feet long so they were a bit too thick and were way more than you needed. I found .06 thick 3 feet long strips on McMaster for less than $4. May be useful in the future. McMaster-Carr

1 Like

Works either way, you still make cuts to make it flexible enough. I cut mine every 1" . If you want more flex, you can decrease distance between cuts.
In reality, I have change dust shoe design to attached stationary base, router goes up and down freely. There is most advanced one gives you idea named “SuckIt”, you can search forum.

1 Like

I use the blue water discharge hose for my skirting material for years on a couple different machines. It is sold at Lowes for about $1.35 a foot. Home Depot sells it by the roll, 15’ and 25’ lengths, I forget the price.I cut 1/2" fingers on two sections and stagger the cuts. If you want a thinner skirt just slice one fold and stagger the cuts. It is cheap, easily available and cuts with scissors.

2 Likes

Thanks Very Much @AlanDavis. I definitely learnt some things.

1 Like

Hey guys, I hunted the local marine upholstery shops and came up with this.

Hopefully, by the weekend, I can make the necessary changes, make some new cuts and be up and running. I highly doubt this will be the last attempt I make.

1 Like

This is what it looked like.

For the time being, the Xcarve is doing exactly what I need it to, everytime. Im slowly adding templates and components that I can reuse.

At the time, I carved an oval with a 3mm cut out for a Toyoya emblem to be incorporated as part of a trim for one of my Installation jobs. The blue tape was used to protect the inside edge of the emblem housing. Hope to post more of this in a separate post.

@alanDavis Would you happen to have the SVG for the actual bracket from the Mount to the shoe?

IE the three screw rectangle that holds the shoe to the mount?

All files zipped in different formats published earlier, if you go up to August 15 2015 Matt.
Let me know if you can’t find it.

1 Like

Thanks @AlanDavis,

I see the issue now, The SVG zip (so I can use in Easel is missing the ‘Dust Holding Bracket’ while the CRV zip does contain it.

Wouldn’t happen to have it laying round still in SVG?

Thanks for the quick reply.

Dust Shoe.rar (9.5 KB)

1 Like

Thank you good sir.

1 Like

322 hits to that link! You should get a Wendy’s burger or something.

1 Like

Hah or at least some brushes :grinning:

I liked your simple idea better. Ended up basing this off your initial idea.

Used a hose clamp and all up cost about $10

The beauty is. The hose clamp leave enough gap that the router button can still be pressed manually.

3 Likes