Dewalt DWP611 Dust Shoe

What do you mean by “dust separator”? Is that a function of some vacs?

The one I am considering has this filter type:

Is this what you are referring to?

Most dust collection systems use cyclonic flow to separate debris from the air stream…

Just type “dust separator” on google search. You can see all options.

Yes. I see what you mean.

So, just to be clear:

I can use a good shop vacuum and NO dust separator ?

Thanks!

Thanks Angus, I will look into it. It is certainly interesting. Did you build one yourself as well? What type?

I see. Yes the vortex one looks also slimmer… :).

Are you using the Dust Shoe design from Alan or the one that Stuart proposed?

I think printing it in 3d is maybe better, therefore maybe Stuart solution is better… What do you think?

Do you have a suggestion on the vacuum system connected to the shoe? I’m still in the building phase but I ordered the Kentcnc and I’m looking for suggestions.

Oh, so what did you carve till now? Just plastic?
I intend to carve mainly acrylic / plexiglass and also wood. I supose, that wood (and specially MDF) are the ones that produce a really huge amount of dust.

For now, I’ll build the dust shoe, once I get my machine and assemble it monday, and then I’ll look for the dust separator build later. I’ll try to keep the filter clean, and, if necessary, it’s easily changed for 10€…

Ohhhh, I thought you already had it up and running ;).

Try using some blue Loctite on the threads of the screw AND between the clip and the makerslide surface.

Well @AngusMcleod that, and practically engaging in international smuggling of small fasteners and metal stock… I’m waiting to read about the great Caribbean M3 cap-ended bolt cartels…

Just some confections changing hands… I actually had something similar last week where there was a missing part in my new 3D printer ($0.30 at most) and the company shipped it from overseas via fedex, and I had to go down and sign for it as an international shipment.

Hello everyone. I saw this thread and thought you might want to read another thread on Dust Shoe / Boot.

Did you drill holes in those hose clamps?

@AngusMcleod, was reading through this thread as I have to make a dust shoe. You may want to try a Dust Deputy . At $49, can’t go wrong.

Banggood have them for $11 just FYI

You talking about a Dust Deputy for $11.?

Not a dust deputy but a China generic I bought one with express shipping had it landed for less than $20, have to say money well spent

Hey Peter3, can you post a picture of your set up if possible. Im looking into getting one of those, but I want to make something to save space which I don’t have much of in my basement, thanks.

I just copied and save your dust shoe design. But Easel tells me that the 1/8" bit you used is too large to carve some of the design. Any idea why?