Dewalt DWP611 Dust Shoe

I will Chris, tomorrow. Parts are the same as listed previously. You can order. Only Plexiglas and couple of different screws from Home Depot is add on. I’ll make a list.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I have placed most of the order for materials; magnets, HDPE, strip brush etc. I’m looking forward to your drawing update!

1 Like

Ok, looks like KentCNC is working right now with their vendor to supply a finer-bristle brush for them to use in the smaller shoe that should be a lot more flexible. With some luck, there will be something there to test in about three weeks. In the meantime, I’m going to be playing around with using foam to make my own more flexible skirt for the shoe.

Was looking at the Stepcraft 2 on Kickstarter and thought others would get some good ideas after seeing their dust shoe. Looks to be a very small, clean 3D printed idea.

1 Like

Zip Files attached.

DWP611 Dust Shoe SVG files.zip (156.2 KB)
DWP611Dust Shoe CRV files.zip (507.5 KB)
Pictures and Instructions.zip (871.1 KB)

9 Likes

It’s look very professional, beautiful…Hold-on, are you seen what I see on top left picture, dust and chips all over. :smile:

I would imagine a lot of clogs when milling wood with that design

It’s more likely toy. I’m sure that machine never meet MDF.

Over priced and small

1 Like

I know David is super busy now, otherwise he makes great one we all can use. :slight_smile:

It was with a massive wince that I did it, but I’ve removed the brush ring from my KentCNC lower shoe, and I’ve replaced it with a skirt of the heaviest, slotted craft foam that my local place had. It was too late last night to run the router indoors, but we’ll see how it actually works this afternoon. It looks promising, anyway!

1 Like

That looks awesomely Beautiful. Let us know how that performed.

My last evening got completely eaten up by family stuff, but I’m going to give it a shot this afternoon. Kent has been in constant contact with me, keeping me updated on the progress of their evolving design, they’re working with their supplier to incorporate a finer brush into the smaller shoe, so it’ll give less up-thrust force on the spindle. The first sample of finer brush material that the vendor supplied was not adequate for the purpose, so they’re getting a second material sent to them.

They’re great guys to work with, incidentally. :smile:

Not yet, once I get a final version up I’ll be uploading it to thingiverse. Today is my first day since my last post that I’ve actually played around with my carver.

I apparently did not have the original dust shoe dimensions figured out. The .nc file runs the z axis up 3 inches as essentially the first move. I should have known better to pay attention to what the basic codes were. I had the incorrect assumption that I could make the piece by downloading the .nc file above and just running it. Ufdah. All of the extensive work done by others is amazing. If anyone has the details on how to actually carve the deflector with the x-carve please share.
some of the code given with the diverter file early in this string:

G21 G90 G64 G40
G0 Z3.0
( T0 : 1.65 )
T0 M6
( Deflector Slots )
G17
M3 S1000
G0 X24.6855 Y15.6997
G1 F600.0 Z-2.0
G3 F2000.0 X-14.6275 Y25.3356 I-24.6855 J-15.6997

Ran the modified Kent dust shoe last night, with pretty good success! No more z-axis deviations, woot! The dust collection with the foam, obviously, is nowhere near as good as with the brush (the chips can be thrown out through the gaps between foam “fingers”) but it’s definitely good enough to use until they complete R&D on the finer brush material.

Woohoo!

1 Like

@AlanDavis Where did you find the 0.1815 and 0.245 plastic sheet? I’ve been all over a couple of Home Depots now and I’m having a heck of a time finding it. Would appreciate pointers on what section to look, what it’s called, etc. I find the plexiglas just fine, but the rest of the plastic is hiding from me!

So those thicknesses not that important as long as you don’t change pocket depths for magnets and window pocket. I kept top plate just enough thickness not to loose Dewalts push button, also holding brackets you can use a little thicker or thinner plastic, there is tolerance for that. Just come close to those numbers, you’ll be fine. Important factor here is cut-outs. Of course you have to play with cut-out numbers for the new thickness of the material. Not the pockets. If you have hard time changing tool paths, just send me thicknesses, I redo it for you. Hope this helps.

I appreciate the offer, I may take you up on that if I can’t solve it myself.

As far as the plastic goes in general, though, what section of the store are you finding it in? Is it with the acrylic and plexiglas or is it somewhere else that I’m just not thinking to look? All I’m really able to find is the clear acrylic or lexan. I do have some cheap HDPE cutting boards ($2 from Ikea!) that I used to make a diverter, which I might try for this as well, but I’d love to find some other options for plastic too.

It ain’t cheap, but if you really want thicker plastic sheets, you can find them online at sites like this