Did I Fry Either my Gshield or Arduino? {Resolved by buying a new computer!}

At this point I am done. I just have to walk away.

For whatever reason, when I tried it again, the it didn’t hang at the machine setup and I was able to progress through. But when it came time to initiate the homing sequence, the z (which is of course the first of the sequence) did not work. So is my wiring bad? Did I somehow break the limit switch which was working fine just two days ago before all of this happened?

I give up, I give up, I give up. I might as well sell the damn thing.

Take a break. We can test the switches independently from Easel.

I’m glad to help. Let me know if you want to continue. I think we can get it going.

I seem to have a similar problem, except when i plug in the usb to any of my computers it does not show any ports in device manager, when i plug the usb lead into the uno i am getting a steady green led? any thoughts?

@SusanHalla

Several people are reporting poor performance when trying to use Easel over the last few days. Maybe the issue you are seeing with Easel is not your problem.

Update:
After some time away, my husband went back and reworked the wiring on the limit switches and they are now working. (Phew.). And I didn’t kill the Z limit switch even though the axis was trying. (Double phew).

Now I’m back to the point where I can start doing test carves again to see how my mechanical calibrations went.

Thank you for not giving up on me (even when I had). Still a work in progress to see if I can ever get an acceptable carve made, so we shall see!

The feeds and speeds are going to be a bear and are my next hurdle. So many possible combinations between wood species and bit sizes / shapes. Anyone have any suggestions for how they have successfully navigated the depths of that conundrum? Sample projects that you use to dial in a good feed rate?

use the same method I did for the Z limit. Look below at the pic.
Notice the small but long silver screw? its the wrong type but I had it on hand. I used thread locker to keep it from vibrating out. It stops the Z from crushing the switch.
See 2nd image for a look under.

@SusanHalla

If you have homing working ($22=1) then I highly recommend that you turn on Soft Limits ($20=1). If you do this you will not have to worry about your switches or banging into the rails.

1 Like