Dinosaur and other animal skeletons!

I’m drowning, I’m drowning, Help. So much excitement. It’s been about two weeks we’re looking at each other with X-Carve lady, can’t think anything to do.

:smile:

On the velociraptor, the tail is in two pieces and must be pressed together to fit, I had to do some sanding to get it together…I plan on redoing the vectors and joining it into 1 long piece.

1 Like

Here is the velociraptor with a 1 piece tail, I combined the two pieces, moved the original tail to a separate layer so it is still in the file and adjusted the parts to fit on the sheet (nested).

Velociraptor2.rar (1.9 MB)

1 Like

Made a little sign to go with the dinos…using the same 1/8" material…lots of little fuzzies, but a little sandpaper and seal and it will be good. Used a 60° V-Bit for the sign and a 1/8" endmill to cut it out all at 70 IPM (Dewalt set at 3)

3 Likes

Yep I have these. I was to cut each before sharing out the Easel project so that I have pictures to post and also can ensure that everything cuts correctly after the import into Easel.

1 Like

The next skeleton is now up as a project:

Saber Toothed Tiger

2 Likes

Nice work, those look really great! Were the cutout patterns generated by hand or with a tool like 123D Make?

I found the dxf files and used V-Carve to clean them up and get them ready to cut. Most of them were on CNCZone.com. I have been collecting them for years, just now getting some cleaned up that I never cut.

Spinosaurus Skeleton

As a side note, I will add these to the top post on this page as I add them to the thread as replies. That way new people coming to this thread can get to all of the Easel projects in one place.

3 Likes

Very nice, I haven’t cut that one yet.

These are great. Thank you so much. I will be cutting some tomorrow

1 Like

Let us know how it goes. Post some pics when you do.

Have fun!

the T-Rex is about 15" long and about 10" tall. The rest of the skeletons are a little bigger. I think the Pteranodon one that I’ll post is about 22" wide.

Awesome. I have plans for a Triceretops and T-Rex if anybody wants them? They both came out great. I will be trying out your sabre tooth tiger…looks menacing :smile:

2 Likes

So. I went to an interview today, yay got the job… And what do I see on the receptionist desk???

Metal versions of these. Lol no joke. They use the latter cutter to make these to test it. I’ll get pics when I start.

3 Likes

Velociraptor Skeleton

2 Likes

Triceratops Skeleton

2 Likes

I need to just make one of these already.

1 Like

So far the Velociraptor is my favorite for having a good amount of detail and a good stance, plus it is the bigger of the ones I have posted.