DIRESTA Wood Stool

Yeah, that was my thought, just make it a pocket cut.

The blind pocket @AngusMcleod suggested is really nice. I like the idea of using it for a Limbert Tabouret, might have to try making one of those too. With something like that, I would be inclined to use a single pocket screw in the center of the joint. I suspect the glued and screwed joint would be plenty strong.

@anon68752607 every one before the deadline of July 1, 2016.

@DonaldLeblanc didn’t even know about the contest he just made it on his own! That guy is killing it. He did a post on his site too.

1 Like

Thought I’d like to make this out of hardwood. Reminds me of the old rail station stools.

9 Likes

Wow! That looks awesome!

Yea that looks really nice. Did you stain it or oil it too?

Check your DM for the gift code. Nice work!

@Zach_Kaplan, thanks sir! The walnut is not stained or oiled, just a light spray of lacquer.

1 Like

No pocket screw needed…:sunglasses:

NOTE: All 4 legs can be cut out with the same file.

4 Likes

I made mine from 3/4 particle board so it would be heavy. I added a swivel top so I could use it for a sculpture stand and turn table for air brushing models.

9 Likes

Can’t shake the mental image of a woodworking version of the movie ‘ghost’

2 Likes

yeah. It’s pretty sexy.

2 Likes

Swivel top is pretty sweet! Gift code on the way!

@jdm you gotta post it as a remake to get your Benjamins DIRESTA Wood Stool | Inventables

Here is my version…

4 Likes

Here is my version,. still need to put a finish on it.

@Zach_Kaplan, I got click happy on posting the remake and managed a double post the project. Now I can’t seem to see where to remove the extra one.

1 Like

Nice job @KerryOgle and @Michael5 I’m messaging your gift codes now. @KerryOgle it looks like you accidentally published it twice. Please delete one of them.

@JDM thanks for getting it up there. Your’s is on the way too!

Wow 5 remakes not bad.

thank you, Sir

@KerryOgle yep that fixed it, thanks!

deleted. wrong area :smiley:

I designed this coffee table using Fusion 360

e table

3 Likes