Drill operation

Zach, Did you ever get an update back from the guy working on this? Any ETA on when it might be beta tested in Easel? This would be a super helpful tool for the primary job I bought X-Carve to do. Thanks, Alex

Right now the best thing to do is use the work around of making it .001" bigger than you need.

The drill operation was a bit harder than we expected and I donā€™t have a date.

Thank you for the quick reply Zach, Iā€™ll keep doing it as 2 separate carve jobs for now until you guys nail it down.

Iā€™m trying to make a cribbage board using Easel and was disappointed to find out that drilling (1/8" hole with 1/8" bit) isnā€™t supported. I went through the forums and see many requests for this feature over the past few years and the mention that this is being developed. Will this feature be available soon? I tried the noted work around of making the hole .001" bigger than I need. Unfortunately, this doesnā€™t work in the currently released version of Easel.

Thanks for the feedback. I took a look at the gcode for peck drilling and it is very simple. Iā€™m surprised this hasnā€™t been integrated within Easel when the hole size matches the bit size for upcut bits especially given the interest from the community. Iā€™ve started working on a standalone program to generate gcode output and svg files for circular and eliptical cribbage boards with various arguments including the hole count, board dimensions, hole depth, etc.

1 Like

Yes thatā€™s a work around, but it adds a considerable amount of time.

@JasonMcginn

yeah idk man I think that really depends on how you set up your peck cycle , how deep your drilling, material your drilling through, and the type of tool you are doing the drilling with

if you want to do alot of drilling an endmill would not be the proper choice peck or not

would be a great feature to drill the holes for the insertion of strass stones on a surface.

This is now supported! For more info, see the announcement that was posted today :smile: