Dust boot inspired by YouTube video

what about 1x1 extrusions where do i get that ? i order the stuff off amazon already

OK, i order
80/20 Inc., 1010, 10 Series, 1" x 1" T-Slotted Extrusion x 24" Black by 80/20 Inc
Cast Acrylic Plastic Sheet .472"(1/2) x 12" x 12" - Clear
brush
I will have my 3d printer on Sunday working and will print the arms
I will get the screws and stuff later on local

Thanks you Phil

1 Like

Here are the arms modified for 20mm tslot and half inch material. As a disclaimer i must say that i haven’t cut these yet so i cant guarantee that they’ll fit lol. Im gonna do a test run today. Ill let you all know how it wentLEFT ARM 20mm.step (61.5 KB)
RIGHT ARM 20mm.step (62.6 KB)

1 Like

Do i need these if am using the 1" x 1" T-Slotted Extrusion ?

The files i just posted are for the 20mm extrusion. Use phil’s original files for the 1x1 extrusion

1 Like

OK thank you

I make regular donations to the elders of the Internets lol

2 Likes

Hey Phil, quick question, on the easel file i should make the Vac hole match my 2.5" hose ?

1 Like

thanks, im going to practice cut on a piece of wood first lol

1 Like

What IPM do you recommend? I did some cuts at 1.5 speed on the 611, I can’t recall the DOC, but it was whatever the default is in Easel for cast Acrylic, and I got a LOT of sludge melted to the bit. In fact, the stuff melted to the bit did a great job scratching the acrylic each time the cut got deeper…

1 Like

all my product arrive today, how long do i need to cut the 1010 and any advice on how to cut this thing, i have 10" miter saw

sorry i meant the 1 inch extrusion, How long do i need to cut it, i will try my hack saw

how do you mount the extruder to the carriage ? do you drill a hole ?

So i have an acme screw and dewalt router. I got the L Brackets 3d printed. Got the extrusion in the mail. Went to hardware store and fitted everything with the right hardware. Now just waiting to cut the 1/2" acrilic. Should i just draw a notch in the back of the original easle file that Phil uploaded? To clear the acme screw?

Oh sorry i got confused. So i will just follow your advice about acrilic ipm and doc and just carve your file. Crossing my fingers.

1 Like

I love it. No more chips jamming up my belts and pulleys. No more mountain of dust cloging up my profile cuts.

Just doing some test to see how it effects my depth and clearance around clamps. So far perfect. And I really like how i can see all the action theough the acrilic

1 Like

Well done Devin! Best thought out one I’ve seen so far.

Phil gets all the credit. I just followed his plan

1 Like

Yep i have the inserts. With the 2" brissel there is no issue. With my harbor frieght 2 hp dust collector piped to it. It sucks up everything.

1 Like

Just printed one support for the dust boot. It took 3 hours and as it’s midnight here, the other one can wait until tomorrow :smile:
I did modify the part that slides into the extrusion as I don’t have any 20x20 so I’m using some Lee Valley t-track. Needs a little trimming to slid smoothly.
I picked up some 12mm acrylic the other day so might even get to cut that bit tomorrow.

I want to make an enclosure for the 3d printer but as it will be from MDF, didn’t want to start until I had a dust solution.