Easel DXF import testing

Hi Andre,

1. You click on the “outline” button on the “cut” panel and select the corresponding setting:
    02 PM

2. Easel is designed to automatically carve inner shapes before outer shapes. Can you provide a link to your project if this is not what you are experiencing?

2 Likes

HI Jeff,

Thanks for the assistance. I think it might be my DXF file as some of the holes gives me the option and some not. Do you any experience in this field?

Please see the attached, i’m currently only trying the section right at the bottom.

Dust extractor slide gate.dxf (149.6 KB)

Most likely those paths are not closed. Only closed paths can be offset inward/outward.

Has anyone found a work around for importing dxf with closed paths? Everytime I import from using solidworks the imported path isn’t closed and increases my cut time by retracing cut paths.

Hi Rene, can you post your solidworks part file? If that’s to difficult maybe just the dxf. I will have a look at it. But it can take me some time since I’m not home at the moment :slight_smile:

Cheers, Jelle

1 Like

C10 helm panel.DXF (31.0 KB)

Hi, this is going to be really good.

I exported a dxf from fusion360 as a step file, then used another turbocad to generate a dxf, but easel is having an issue with a SVG, so under the covers must be a conversion to svg going on. DisplayBoard v4.dxf (580.3 KB)
Any pointers would be good

DisplayBoard v4.pdf (50.0 KB)
DisplayBoard v4.ai (50.1 KB)

C10 helm panel.ai (168.6 KB)
C10 helm panel.pdf (168.5 KB)

Dust extractor slide gate (1).ai (55.5 KB)
Dust extractor slide gate (1).pdf (55.4 KB)

Hi @Rob8,

I tried to open your DXF in inkscape as well as some online convertors and they all came up empty. I think something went wrong with the conversion of fusion 360 to turbocad. I opened your DXF with solidworks and it seems it is still a 3D object. I took the liberty to save it for you as a regular DXF:

DisplayBoard v4-1.DXF (44.5 KB)

This one should work with the app.

@ReneGoderich, I haven’t forgotten about you, I’m looking in a way to close paths in solidworks. When I figure it out myself, I’ll let you know.

@B.F the app can only convert DXF to SVG, pdf or AI formats are not supported.

Cheers Jelle

Have used the app multiple times over the last 2 weeks. Has worked great, everything imports as designed without issues.

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Jelle,

Thanks for doing that.

DWG is a two dimensional format, DXF is the three dimensional format.

The dxf you generated had some SVG issues, non connected paths or some such.

Will work on how to get that worked out on my end.

Rob

I tried to import a DXF file that is 4 MB and keep getting this error.

Hi Jeff,

Would you mind posting the dxf here so I can investigate?

Cheers, Jelle

BrettandSarah.dxf (3.8 MB)
BrettandSarah5.dxf (1.5 MB)

I have tried both of these with the same result. They are generated by another program for making halftone images. It might be something with how it creates the DXF.

1 Like

Hi Jeff,

Which CAD program did you use to make this DXF and which other steps did you take before importing it into the DXF app?

Thanks, Jelle

I used Halftoner 1.7

Trying to download the attached DXF. The file tries to load but nothing happens. IT is 668kb in size. Please help.20toothsprocketcombo (1).dxf (668.3 KB)

Sorry. Forgot to mention that the DXF was generated from CREO.