Easel DXF import testing

gear.pdf (180.6 KB)
gear.ai (180.6 KB)

Hi @JeffHolmes,

My apologies it took me so long to reply, I eventualy discovered that you have a huge number of circles, in fact so many, the app runs out of memory. That’s something I can’t fix at the moment, I’m sorry.

@JimWike, you have a simular problem, although it seems you only a few lines, you DXF excists of 228 layers with a lot of tiny lines and rectangles.

@B.F. The app is only for DXF, not for Pdf’s or AI’s.

I found a work around for my problem. I loaded the DXF into Tinkercad and then created an SVG from TInkercad and loaded that into Easel. Worked perfectly.

1 Like

Great to hear that Jim, this was what I got when I saw it in solidworks:

Cheers Jelle

1 Like

Hi Jim,

I have been having a play with Tinkercad here, how did you get a DXF file to open/import ??

Gary

Apologies. I used an STL not a DXF for the import file.

1 Like

hi i dont know if anyone can help i have a DXF file i want to cut but it saying 6:45 ish to cut and i dont think it sh)
ould take 1hr to cut.

this is being coursed buy it trying to cut each line 1 at a time in random order and not seeing things as shapes.

what am i doing wrong? i have attached the file if someone could have a look, its a Motorcycle gear holder for helmet and leathers etc.

dave

motorcycle_gear_rack_by_cootilco.dxf (344.2 KB

@DavidCoombes,
Currently everything is lines and arcs. When that is imported it will be treated exactly like you described.

If you want the hexagons and other shapes to be treated as a continuous cut, you need to convert to continuous polylines.

See this thread for a description of what can be imported and how it gets interpreted:

I keep getting this error message, is there anything I can do? I made sure the file was under the 5 MB, thanks for any help.

Hi Bobby,

I might be able to help you, but I would need the DXF causing this error. Is it possible for you to share it here?

Thank you in advance,

Jelle

David,

Most DXF’s are imported in separeted segments, I am trying to make a joining function to solve this issue but it proves to be more challenging than I first thought. When I fixed it, I will report it here.

Cheers,

Jelle

I’d like to test it out please

Yes, here is the file.
Tele Hybrid Without Back 2.DXF (161.3 KB)

Hi Bobby,

Have you tried this DXF yourself on different days? My first try went perfect, on different computers as well. Here’s a printscreen from my end.

Maybe try on a differen computer or in google chrome on the last update. It could just be that some server services were down at the time you tried it.

Cheers,

Jelle

Hi Travis,

It is open to everyone, you can find the DXF import function here:

Jelle

Morning everyone im new to inventables i tried importing a dxf file and its coming up with an error code. the file im trying to upload is a part from the lowrider2 mpcnc. Im not shore if I’m doing something wrong or not
many thanks peter

Capture

That error can usually be fixed by restarting your computer.

It seams your clock is not correct. Try fixing that, if it continous contact me straight away and I will help you to resolve it.

Hello…i have a 3MB DXF file that does not load…if i read the loader information, 5MB is the max, so what could be giving me grief?

Hello Adam,

If you are willing to post your DXF here, or send it to me privately if it is sensitive, I’d be happy to have a look at it.

Cheers,

Jelle