Easel travel away from the material and start cutting

No bug, in Easel the start point is always bottom left, there is no way to change this. You can work around this by selecting your entire project chose center in position and use o,x,o,y position. The problem with this is you can’t see most of the preview.

1 Like

That was tried but it is still starting bottom left

@KristianAng this is your solution if you want to start from the center of your material.

If I am understanding correctly, you are setting the home to the center of the material and then cutting the file. It will still cut according to the location of the 0,0 on the work space

Brian, what you highlighted are used only for object movement; choosing the anchor point of the object when you enter/view coordinates for the object. Has no bearing on Work Zero for the actual carving.

2 Likes

oh my bad, I always thought the buttons in shape where your starting origin. haven’t used easel in a while. Strange they don’t have the option.

Yes, that allows you to set the anchor point of the selection. So if it is multiple objects, it will use the center of the selection box. ie, if the dolphin was outside of the circle the center would no longer be the center of the circle but the average of all objects selected.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yes @HaldorLonningdal. Good picture!

There are a few ways on setting proper work zero for a circle in Easel:
Bump stops and G28

Also search for bump stop and setting G28

Setting X and Y zero separately
I posted a method of programming your X and Y work zero manually (instead of together via the carve dialogue).

Both above methods requires the Machine Inspector window which is quickly accessed by Ctrl-Shift-D.

Finally, the easiest way would be to insure you have a large enough workpiece that your carve would fall within it. The bump stop is a great tool to have and use. But a little intimidating for a novice user to setup and make use of. (it’s not part of the Easel experience, but a machine feature)

1 Like

Sorry Phil
I couldn`t find any solution to my problem in your youtube clips

I´ll try another thing tomorrow

@KristianAng

Try my revised Easel-project provided above and try again.
How do that work for you…?

I don’t think the op is setting zero to the center of the work.

@KristianAng can you share your project again so we can look at it?

I can re-share his:

I wanted to see what she was working with.

I know, just check the link :slight_smile:
Two Work pieces, the original (close) and my suggested solution.

1 Like

Why isn´t it possible to change the startpoint from left bottom to the center of the material

Why not solve the problem by placing the design center where you actually zero your router?

@KristianAng - you are overfocusing on a problem. Start to explore the solutions provided.

I am assuming the Xcarve is working properly, with correct XYZ orientation and distance calibration.

1 Like

Ok Phil
I will go over your file again…
as I have, I think 5 times by now
but… I´ll do it again, and again, and again

Please…

• Open this link - Easel - KristianAng
  • Place your router at the center of your material
  • Click Carve button, confirm Home, Spindle On, Carve

What is the result?

2 Likes