Favorite Bits

I always buy from Drillman1, and take rings off. It’s so easy. I made hole on wood piece just same size, inserting bit and knocking from top. It comes off.

1 Like

I might give this a shot. I’ve been frustrated by the rings myself, and hadn’t been able to get them off before. But the ability to cut all the way through a 3/4" thick piece of stock without buying longer bits would be great.

I have surfacing bit for 1/4" colette but it’s 3/4" not 1/2". It’s from Sears for $19.99. Sears also have 1/2" one sells $17.99 I didn’t buy. You can find from Sears online.

I’m using something pretty similar to you for surfacing my wasteboard. I got mine from Lowe’s for about $9. It worked great for surfacing.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_204419-353-91104___?Ntt=skil+91104&UserSearch=skil+91104&productId=1058305

2 Likes

Great to know. I always fail checking Lowe’s prices. Thanks.

I got a Skil V-carve bit there also that works well.

I ordered a 1/16 , 1/8 and 1/4 two flute downcut carbide endmills on eBay from Drillman1 the 1/16 and 1/8 were about $4 each and the 1/4 was about $10. They showed up a few days ago and I just used the 1/8 and I am very impressed.

I was cutting 3/4 inch poplar and it went through it like butter and the finish it left was perfect. (90 ipm with .1 DOC, Dewalt speed at 2)

5 Likes

Making Half Tone for my wife. (Our 37th Wedding anniversary)

2 Likes

Very nice, I was thinking about making one of those. Are you using a vbit?

Yes, V90. It is over 4 hours and still 2 more hours to go.

Have you tried the 1/16th down cut yet? I wondered how that would behave with the added stress of down cutting. Curious about feeds and speeds.

I have not used the 1/16 yet. I hope it works as well as it’s big brother.

Has anyone tried the 1/8" Dremel bits? Just wondering how they do.

I have a question: I have a a decent collection woodworking bits. I was wondering if any of them could be used when working with materials that they were designed for.
I know for detail work on things like ply I will need compression endmills… but for rough in and waste board flattening can I have a set of plunge straight bits in 1/4.

I am using a dewalt 611 router so does anyone have a list of type of bits are usable and which are best to avoid.

I also have a set of precision collets and a replacement precision nut for the dewalt. but wanted to see if what I already have can be used while I build up my endmill collection.

I’m trying to find Drillman1 on ebay w/o much luck. Can you help out with a link?

Thx

Here is a link to that seller

http://www.ebay.com/usr/drillman1?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Thanks Allen

Guys, if you are V Carving fan, try this. It is unbelievable difference. I thought Rockler V Bit is good. Until try this Amana tool.

http://www.toolstoday.com/p-6015-in-tech-series-insert-v-groove-router-bit.aspx?&variantids=10600,0&keywords=RC-45711

2 Likes

Loving these super cheap titanium coated bits from China. 1.8mm diameter, £1 each and cuts aluminium plate really cleanly without lubricant, without binding. Getting more.

Cheers

Ian

2 Likes

Link? Thanks.