Finally finished building my x-carve

I have finished my x-carve and cut out the Intro to Easel project and it came out in a mirror image of what was on the screen. Also it is cutting 90° from the front of the machine. I’m not sure what’s going on. If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

That’s CRAZY! Have you checked all you wiring? Maybe your X and Y are swapped as well as the polarity?

That is crazy!

Did you run through the Easel setup process and confirm the motors were moving in the correct direction?

Sure you didn’t buy an Australian machine by mistake?
(down under joke)

4 Likes

Ok, that’s totally what it was. My x and y where backwards. I did go through the setup of the machine but it never dawned on my that they were wrong. I was just happy that they moved. I think part of the problem was the computer was 90° to the x-carve.

Thanks

1 Like

You better stick with Stamp making business. You need mirror image anyway.

I think you go too fast on Machine Setup on Easel. Make sure those arrow keys are moving all axis on right direction.

Glad you got it working. Happy carving!

Is that carving also Vertical on the work surface instead of Horizontal??

Awesome! Good to hear you got it all sorted out!

Yes it is.

Thanks everyone. I can’t wait to get carving. It has been a long road. I have had the machine since the beginning of the summer, but life got in the way… Oh we are good to go now.

Now I have an alternate method to cut a mirror image… just rewire it! :grin:

2 Likes

Lol… That’s a bit of a happy accident. Just remember to turn your board 90°

1 Like