Fixed Dust Extractor

@FrancisMarasigan

This is brilliant.

The entire time I was thinking of how to mount the shoe and vacuum hose onto the spindle/carriage, but then it’s completely useless in the first couple of passes. also ANY additional weight really makes a difference with the nema 17 stepper motor powering the carriage.

The clear top is very cool. it lets you still see what the spindle is currently doing. with a lot of other dust shoes ive seen, it’s not at all too easy to see what the cutting head is doing.

I like that this design puts the weight on the maker slide. even though i would worry about those printed extrusion channel inserts breaking, it seems like its easy enough just to print it again…

I would try using two makerslide mounting nuts and a milled out U-bracket bracket to mount it, because trying dig PLA or ABS out with a screw driver is not fun.

(little different. its on the wider channel in the extrsuion. when you print stuff overnight and forget to change the fill% to something more appropriate; you do get a big surprise when you find out the wall was only a couple of mm thick :P)

I suggest you go to (https://discuss.inventables.com/c/100-projects-for-100-bucks) and propose this as a project there. if you need help with the editing the video, i would be more than happy to help you. More people should see this.

-ajb