I am getting some very odd problems that I have not been able to resolve through searching the forums, and was hoping that someone may be able to assist me. I recently added the 2.8W Jtech laser to my x-carve and am still getting everything dialed in, however I am running into an issue where some functionality has changed in Easel when trying to use the xcarve.
I am using Easel for the operation of my router, and I am using Picsender for use of the laser. I keep a change log on my computer of modification, so I have copied and pasted what I have in this. Hopefully someone may have ran into this before, and help is appreciated.
• Installed J-Tech Laser kit. Flashed Arduino to Changed to Laserinkmaster 0.9 Gbrl (https://github.com/nickw89509/LaserInk)
• Installed picsender demo, Laser etch demo, and Picengrave 5 demo.
• Was finally able to get acceptable engraved images with laser. Cut some ornaments with Easel and noticed that the movement speed of axis was extremely fast and jerky. Also noticed that when going in to click the Carve button for the first time after connecting the xcarve to the computer, the home/unlock without homing were not displayed when clicking the green carve button, unit also would not allow me to jog the machine. Had to click >Machine>Home to get unit to home and unlock. A few cuts had issues that seemed like the bit moved or was misaligned, only on the x axis cuts, like the y axis did not go far enough, or went too far.
• Went to cut file saved in Easel that was used before flashing the arduino, and noticed when in Easel that the unit move speed is very fast and jerky. Started having issues where the y axis was no longer staying in the same position and causing step like carving, however this was limited to only the x axis. Made copy of file and created .5’ circles, these did not cut good in Easel, they had marks where the bit was not going in a circular motion. Exported gcode from the advanced tab in easel and loaded to Picsender. It cut perfectly round. Opened easel again and once it recognized the xcarve, I again had the (Home/Unlock without homing) options, and the speed was back to normal? Ran the same test and this time the circles were perfect. Tried cutting the 8” 4x4 frame file and it worked with no issues. Not sure what led to having these problems. Will continue to monitor.
• Cut files in Easel, no issues noticed. Ran laser after, no issues noticed.
• Ran laser, no issues noticed. Ran easel, missing home / unlock without homing again. Clicked home in the machine tab, unit homed and was using very fast jogs again when moving? Restarted computer, no change. Not sure what is causing this to occur.