Holiday candy dishes (and pooping reindeer project share)

Allen do you plan on sharing the rest of the plans in .CRV format? If not no problem still really appreciate all the projects and tips you folks share.

Thanks.

1 Like

The crv file I shared has everything in it you just need to create the tool paths for the second sheet.

But if you want I can create the tool paths for you.

1 Like

Sorry I never saw the second sheet or what ever is needed to complete the project.

1 Like

choose layer: Page 1 and be sure you have all toolpaths assigned to the objects on page 1

Choose layer: Page 2 and then assign the toolpaths to the objects on page 2

1 Like

Thanks Allen for pointing me in the right direction but I still donā€™t see a page with the Antlers on it.

You are correct, I did not create the Antlers yet, I still need to add them. Hopefully I will have some time tonight to get them done. I will post a new CRV file when they are ready.

Phil, just wondering where you get the spring for this project? Going to Home Depot this morning and was going to have a look around there.

Thanks.

1 Like

Nice. And I didnā€™t see anything at the box store.

1 Like

Hey Phil, those look fantastic. Quick question what kind of wood did you use for the bowls? Also what kind of finish did you use? And where you concerned with the finish you put on it since it would probably be in contact with food.

1 Like

Awesome, Iā€™ve been stressing over making some bowls and trying to find a wood that was hypoallergenic. I guess I can just shellac them and make sure itā€™s all the way cured.

1 Like

Would a spring from a pen/biro work?

I havenā€™t completed mine 100% yet, but I believe I found a spring from my local Ace Hardware that should work for it.

1 Like

Is really cutting that close to the edge? If so you may be getting some chatter on the right side. I bet some double sided tape under the work will fix the problem.

1 Like

Itā€™s not that bad, just bad enough to break off a part of the arm.

1 Like

Good save.

1 Like

If you rotated the project 90 degrees, wonder if arm be would saved and Allenā€™s theory could be proven or busted.

Phil,

The third time is always the charm as they say. Not an Easel user, so I will patiently await a daring soul.

1 Like

Iā€™ll give it a shotā€¦ whatā€™s the worst that could happen???

The same bowl bit you showed in an earlier post??? (Whiteside 3/4 Bowl & Tray)

I donā€™t have a .25 down cut so will have to use the standard up cutā€¦ And I see that your material is oakā€¦
I donā€™t have any .75 oak on hand so will likely use some mahogany that I have on hand.

Iā€™ll Post results sometime this weekend,

The Gentleman on the left was carved using your specs (minus the .25" down cut) cut into Mahogany

The Gemtleman on the right was cut using Easelā€™s 2 stage carve featureā€¦ Bowled out with .75" bowl bit and then detailed/cutout with .25" up cut bitā€¦ A few fuzzies needed to be cleaned up on the cut-out and I had to run a finishing path to smooth out the bottom to my liking, but No broken armsā€¦

1 Like