I LOVE my Suck It Dust Boot

I will get the shop vac for now and after I get back to the states I will invest in a dust collector.

Seriously? Burn your house down. Duty cycle isn’t the amount of time it takes for an appliance to catch on fire. Not following manufacturers guidelines will make the likelihood of component failure higher. The overheating increases wear. There is thermal fuse that will shut your wet dry vac down long before fire anyway.

I cant speak to what was wrong with your shop vac. But I can tell you that it wasn’t from running it with disregard for the duty cycle.[quote=“DouglasSchafer, post:51, topic:32816”]
Not following manufacturers guidelines will make the likelihood of component failure higher.
[/quote]

I’m not even sure what that is supposed to mean, maybe an attempt to be condescending. Either way not necessary. so lets just agree to disagree.

Maybe that wasn’t the best way to start a post…I apologize. Seriously .I just didn’t agree with this statement. [quote=“PhilJohnson, post:47, topic:32816”]
You are risking fire hazard by not adhering to the specifications. Count yourself lucky if you violate it on a regular basis and haven’t burned down your house or garage.
[/quote]
I also I felt that was directed at me and I took offence. I should have just let it go.

2 Likes

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I thought it better than starting a new one just for this question…

I got my suck it installed-ish last night, and I’m seriously disappointed with the acrylic endcaps that mount the slide rails to the carriage. I don’t feel like I torqued them very hard at all, and they were even still able to wiggle, yet one of the threaded inserts immediately started spinning with the screw before it was ever even tight, and another one just popped right out. I’m going to hit up Suck-It and see if they’ll replace the two end caps.

But it did make me wonder, has anyone else simply drilled through the rails and carriage, tapped the holes in the carriage, countersunk the ones in the rails, and attached the rails directly to the carriage without the end caps? Anyone think it would be a bad idea?

That’s exactly what I did when I got my new Z slide.
One small screw on top and one on the bottom.

1 Like

When I upgraded to my Z axis (not the newbies one), I made an adapter plate with threaded holes to secure the T track to. Works perfectly.

1 Like

That’s a definite upside, too.