IOT Relay Wiring Diagram

Will this work to toggle power to the DeWalt 611 and a ShopVac thru Easel on the new version of Xcarve? If anyone has done this please post a wiring diagram on How To… any help is appreciated

1 Like

Do you have xcontroller? if you do its trivial, just connect Spindle ON and GND to the pins you see there on the right.

IT WILL WORK WITH THE ARDUINO BASED CONTROLLER AS WELL…I HAVE ONE MYSELF…WORKS GREAT…i DONT HAVE A WIRING DIAGRAM HANDY…THERE IS A POST ABOUT IT ON HEAR SOMEWHERE.

yep thats where i first read about it but not really straight on how to - - a simple colored coded drawing diagram is the key

It should work! I decided to make my own though!

do you mean t full size vac? works fine on my mini

I fall in at 9 amps…it’s a 1.5 gallon shop vac brand from walmart. Small but works well.

1 Like

yep mines from walmart also - the one with the metal canister

Ran mine for 4 hours non stop.
No issue here.
Its the shop vac current draw.
My router is on the same unit and still no issues.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it will work.
I use it on mine.
Just make sure you do not exceed the ratings as Phil and others suggested.
The wiring is simple. What controller do you have?
It will be different between the X1 and X2

X2 on my doorstep within the next hour by UPS Delivery

red wire goes from ? to?
Black wire ? to ?

anything else?

Red goes to + (pos) and black is Gnd

I do not have an X2 but
On the diagram located here: A Fond Farewell to GrabCAD Workbench - GrabCAD Blog

You want the red wire on the [ spindle 0-10v ] pin 6 (The IOT can handle this voltage)
The black on the GND pin 7

Now someone who has a X2 please verify. Thanks.

Here’s my new 2.0 X-Carve with X-Controller wired to the IOT Relay and controlling the spindle

6 Likes

Awesome Thanks for sharing Scott!
I was correct.

1 Like

I will be getting a new controller soon.
Need to finish moving into the new place.
I now have a garage!
Woot!

Excellent = looks like a piece of cake once you see how its done - 1 pic worth 1k of words!! Thanks for doing that !!!

2 Likes

Heres a link to Ebay for folks that would like to order one also - ot Relay PDUs - Enclosed High-power Power Relay for Arduino, Raspberry Pi, PIC for sale | eBay

What’s the difference in using the 0-10v vs the pwm?

I never understood all this nonsense about amps… but no matter how long my machines are running i have never tripped my power strip that supplies power to my entire shop. i can carve, shop vac, drill press, and use my compressor all on one outlet. Maybe im just sooooo lucky. :confounded:

This thing is awesome… 5 minutes to hook up, change Spindle control to Automatic … follow the prompts to start the carve and it stops automatically when finished. WHY isn’t this relay (or something similar… perhaps built into the X-Controller ??? ) part of the package to begin with???

1 Like