It’s Done!

For the most part. The only thing I have left is figuring out the power. Not sure if I wanna put a double gang box with outlets or if I’m just going to put a surge protector on the back. Still thinking that through. Thank you for all the help throughout this build!!

4 Likes

Nice! You’re on your way now.

1 Like

Is it staying in the house?! Even with dust collection, that’d be a hard no for me.

2 Likes

Lol, I wish!! I have Air conditioning in the house :smile:

Ahhhhh, what’s a little sawdust. Lol

3 Likes

Congrats on finishing the build and welcome to the forum.

So, what are people using to secure it to a work surface? I would have thought it would come with rubber feet or brackets or something…

1 Like

I do have those :smile:. I was talking about securing the X-Carve to my Workbench

1 Like

I watched a video of a guy leveling and tramming his XCarve and he screwed It to the table. That’s what I did mine, I secured it to the table using screws and then took a skim off the waste board to level everything.

1 Like

My x-carve just sits on the bench I made. Not screwed down … which I was always going to do but never did and now don’t see the point.

Sorry guys, I did not screw mine to the table. I see no need. It has been sitting on the table for about 2 1/2 years without issue. I can’t see where it would cause any problem screwing it to the table, I just can’t justify the need to do so.

I bought extra Inventables plates and hardware, and screwed it to my bench. I’ll snap a picture in a minute for you. My machine is as deep as my tables and I am a klutz, so I went the extra mile. To each his own.

1 Like

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply’s guys. I appreciate the help!!

2 Likes

Mine sits on a 1/2" anti-vibration pad.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea. Did you notice a big difference in movement or vibration?

It’s been under there since day one.
The machine is on a metal workbench, so I just thought it would be prudent just in case.
It absolutely does not move.

Did you drill all the holes in your aluminum waste board?
That’s a lot of holes.