It's Alive

Add some magnets to the back of smaller ones and put them on the fridge.

1 Like

Totally doing this for the fridge. Wife will love it!

1 Like

Here are the scrabble pieces hung on the wall…apparently, she takes worse pictures then I do. She decided to put them on a different wall, they could have been bigger here. Maybe next time :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hmmm…wonder what is next for my X-Carve…

5 Likes

I got this one from: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261197907404?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Bear in mind, GRBL does not support a rotary axis, so other upgrades must take place first :slight_smile:

Quick test just to make sure it can move :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very cool, what are you looking at using for a controller?

I am going with the Gecko G540 with Ethernet Smoothstepper.

I like my Smoothieboard quite a lot. If you haven’t already looked at it, I think it’s worth considering.

I didn’t know about it. It is too late now, I have already ordered everything.

1 Like

Are you using Mach 3?

The Gecko G540 and the smoothstepper supports both Mach3 and Mach4, I am looking at both now and with what I am reading I will probably go with Mach3

You might want to look at this.

http://www.probotix.com/CNC-CONTROL-SYSTEMS/CNC-CONTROLLER/4-AXIS-KITS/UNITY-CNC-CONTROLLER

It looks good, but the computer in my shop does not have a parallel port(none of my systems do anymore).

Easily fixed with an add in PCI parallel port or a Mesanet FPGA card. That way you could run Linuxcnc :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too late…I’ve already ordered everything I need.

It also has a USB port as well as a parallel port. Also you. An get a usb to parallel converter.

According to their info:

D: USB - Connect to USB connector on PC. Powers the logic supply of the board.

E: PARALLEL PORT - Connect to the primary (built onto the motherboard) DB-25 connector on the PC.

There is a Mach3/4 supported USB->Parallel port converter so you don’t have to rely on DB25, too many people with machines newer than 2004 were complaining … :smile:

The one I ordered connects to an ethernet port on the computer. All good :slight_smile: