It's Alive

I did not check Lowes yet, just Home Depot. Thanks for the assembly sheet.

Here is one more…T-Rex - setup on a 14 x 12 sheet. Had to clean this as it is needed NOW…according to my wife :smile:

T-Rex.crv (1.0 MB) T-Rex.dxf (148.2 KB)

3 Likes

T-Rex Cut - in 0.125 material.

Let’s hope I remember how to assemble this one…lol

1.5mm endmill, 2 passes, feedrate 50ipm (too slow), took 21 minutes.

Here he is assembled…Need to check the actual size of my 1.5mm endmill, the slots are a bit narrow again. The T-Rex stands at 10 inches and 15 inches long.

3 Likes

My 1.5mm endmills are actually 1.4 mm…just enoiugh off to mess things up…lol

I got my Tiger put together (thanks for the assembly sheet)

1 Like

Very nice.

Here is a bigger one. The Stegasaurus was cut from a piece 15" x 22". Assembled it is 11" tall and 21" long.

Stegasaurus.crv (2.9 MB) Stegasaurus.dxf (192.0 KB)

9 Likes

These are really great, thanks for sharing both the crv and dxf files!

When I was exploring a skeleton project like this, I was going down the path of adding letters to the slots that fit together, then I would hit those with the v-bit. I don’t know if the files you’re going off of have assembly instructions like that, but it might be a useful layer to add in V-Carve if it isn’t a ton of work.

1 Like

For some files I have dxf files with markings, I can upload them as well, I may go back and add a layer in vcarve with the assembly markings. Need more time…lol

So many projects, so little time.

1 Like

Here is the Pteranodon, it is setup for a 14 " x 15" sheet of 1/8" material. I will cut it later today.

Pteranodon.crv (90 KB) Pteranodon.dxf (122.3 KB)

There are no tabs in the crv file…I forgot to add them…doing it now. I will repost the file.

1 Like

Pteranodon with tabs, screwholes and toolpaths for a 1.4mm endmill.

Pteranodon.crv (845.5 KB)

1 Like

I will be doing up instruction sheets for all of these…apparently handing some a pile of “bones” is not good enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick Pad holder on a piece of scrap walnut. No finish yet.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention about the pad holder, this was done with 3 bits, the pocket where the pad is sitting was cut with a 1/4" endmill at 70 IPM 2 passes each at 0.1". The text was V-Carved with a 1/4" V-bit at 60º at 70 IPM. There is a shallow recessed area, like a smooth groove above the text for resting the pen, it is difficult to see. The groove was cut with a 1/8" ballnose endmill in 1 pass at 70 IPM. I used the radial arm saw to cut the piece to final dimensions.

2 Likes

The “Bad Idea of the Day” :copyright: is brought to you by @allenmassey (having bad ideas since the early 70’s) –

Making the T-Rex tonight and I thought it would be much easier to just use carpet tape to hold the 1/8 board down. Instead of drilling the screw holes and screwing it down.

Well, that carpet tape is crazy strong (and messy) the little T-Rex parts were stuck so well to the MDF wasteboard that they would not come off without damage. Even using a sharp chisel to pry them up a few layers of the hardboard would stay glued down.

Live and learn! Now I need to go clean up and screw down a new piece of 1/8 hardboard.

Oh no…sorry to hear that…I always use screws on that thin stuff.

So do I … now.

2 Likes

My daughter put the T-Rex together

1 Like