Johnny 5 - 'Short Circuit' animatronic 'Hero' robot - Dream commission!

Hi all,

I thought I would share some fantastic news with you!!

I’ve just been commissioned to make a full-sized ‘Johnny 5’ animatronic robot by a private collector…this really is a dream job for me…I love ‘Johnny 5’…brings back so many happy childhood memories!!!

I will be sharing each stage of the build with the community…if you’d like to see it that is :wink:

33 Likes

“Johnny 5 is A-L-I-V-E”.

I will be following this thread. Please keep us updated.

Lol!!! He is indeed!!!, or rather…will be soon!!! Thank you so much Michael!!

Duuuuuuude, that’s AWESOME! Oh heck yes I want to see that!

… Will it carry the “laser”? xD

YES!! I well be intently watching! Good luck!

Thank you so much Dan…re: laser…thats ‘classified’…:smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much Rusty!!! It’s going to be a challenging project, but lots of fun!!!

1 Like

My inner child is sooooo excited for this. You sir are very bold.

Lol, my inner child is going completely nuts!!!

‘You sir are very bold…’…you’ve seen my picture then Tyler :smile:

Let us know if you need help!
I’d be more than happy to donate my time on smaller/simple pieces

Johnny Five: Los locos kick your ■■■. Los locos kick your face. Los locos kick your balls INTO OUTER SPACE!
Ben Jarhvi: [angrily] Number Johnny Five!
Johnny Five: Uh-oh!
Ben Jarhvi: Come on! I will clean you up. If you had a mouth, I would wash it out with soap!

Make sure it plays “Holding out for a Hero”

Be cool to see him all decked out as well like the end of the second movie.

Ohh such good memories.

1 Like

Wow Michael…amazing memory!!!.

One thing for sure…he is going to have a full compliment of voice samples, and audio tracks:)
(Not part of the commission…but ‘J5’ HAS to have the feature!!!).

I’ve just finished watching ‘Short Circuit’ again for the first time in 10 years or so…2 + 3 to follow later this evening :smile:

Thank you so much Tyler…I’ll let you know!!

Remember VHS??? I wore out our copies.

I think I know what I will be watching this weekend. Lol

Lol, I do indeed!!..do you remember Betamax!!! I’ve still got all of my old Betamax tapes, (including ‘Short Circuit’, and ‘Wargames’)…I’ve also still got my old top loading Sony Betamax machine…wouldn’t attempt to play any tapes on it at the mo…all of the pitch rollers are falling apart!!

Sounds like I’ve managed to rekindle a few treasured childhood memories with this topic!!!

http://www.amazon.ca/Short-Circuit-Blu-ray-Ally-Sheedy/dp/B0014YVC6W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449091981&sr=8-2&keywords=short+circuit+bluray

http://www.amazon.com/Short-Circuit-Blu-ray/dp/B0097A2LRY/ref=tmm_blu_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1449092034&sr=8-2

Betamax. Lol

We actually chose VHS back in the day. Kind of like HDvd and Bluray a few years ago. I actually remember asking my dad “what are those big movies?”

Yes. Lots of memories. I wonder if Hulu or Netflix have these movies available

AWESOME!

Yes assemble number 5!!

Hi Rusty,

Just ordered all 2 movies on Blu-ray from Amazon:)

I’ve already got 1 & 2 on DVD, but the extra Blu-ray features might be useful!!

(Corrected…‘SC3’ is actually a fan made DVD of footage collected from the abandoned ‘SC3’ production, and includes behind the scenes footage, etc).

Just thought I would clarify…

Thank you so much

Dave

1 Like

lol, that’s great! Looks like you’ll be having a marathon right away!