Johnny 5 - 'Short Circuit' animatronic 'Hero' robot - Dream commission!

Well Steve, that’s where I come in :slight_smile: I want to share the knowledge I’ve gained over the last 25+ years in the film, TV, & music industries…A wise man once said…“In vain have you acquired knowledge
if you have not imparted it to others”.

1 Like

While doing a little research on this topic, found this site that has a lot of information; Input-Inc | Robotics Group. Under the download section, they have a copy of the original prop manual! There are even some great audio quotes.

[Johnny 5 Hi Piece of cake ][1]
[1]: http://www.input-inc.com/Voice/HiPeiceofCake.mp3

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the links!!!

I’ve downloaded everything :)…loved the sound clip by the way :wink:

Dave,

Are you going to machine the aluminium with the x-carve? If yes that would be really interest to know how (the settings and end mills) and how long is going to take to shape the aluminium with the x-carve :slight_smile:

Thank you very much

Andrea

You are more than welcome!

1 Like

Hi Andrea,

I would love to be able to use an ‘X-Carve’ to machine the aluminium, I’m sure it would do a fantastic job!!..sadly I don’t currently own one:( …I’m hoping that this situation might change soon…fingers crossed!!
I think this project would prove how useful the X-Carve would be to a prop maker!!!

All the very best

Dave

Dave

Private message sent.

Dave

Dave

Are you still up and online? We need an Email address.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Sorry for the delay…

Just PM’d you.

Look forward to joining the hangout this evening!!

All the very best

Dave

The movie just ran yesterday on METV and might run again.

Superb Jack!! I sat down with my children this morning, and watched SC1+2 back to back…they loved them!! time they made SC3!!! There is still a market for Johnny 5 !!!

RE: Astoria, OR

Makes me want to watch The Goonies again!

@DaveSullivan: Congrats on the commission!

The Goonies!!! Now you’re talking!!!

“YOU GUYS!!!”

Thank you so much!!!

That was another movie I liked watching to see the actors transported across time and space by the directors. They would start a scene in Astoria and bang they are in Cannon Beach.

Dave

Thats the magic of cinema for you Dave:)

While watching “Deathproof”, I noticed that Kurt Russel was racing around outside of Austin, TX, then he hung a sharp left and was in Buelton, Los Olivos and Solvang, CA. I was blown away because I just happened to live in Austin, TX and had visited family in CA and had done the “Sideways” wine tour, which was filmed in those locations also. My girlfriend at the time didn’t believe me as I’m shouting at the screen during the movie, then when the credits rolled, I got to do the “I Told You So” dance! Small world…

1 Like

Dave

New private message waiting.

Dave

Lol, its so satisfying to be able to do the, ‘I told you so’ dance at least once!!! :smile:

Dave

New PM sent. 2115 your time.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Sorry, I was working hard on the ‘J5’ project last night…redrawing CAD drawings, creating plans, etc, etc…oh my word…lots to do !!

All the very best

Dave