JUMANJI Board Replica Thread!

Fusion360 can be intimidating, but there are tons of great tutorials on youube. I use it all the time, mostly for 3D printing projects, but occasionally to create things for the X-Carve. Just take it slowly and learn a few things at a time…you will get it.

OK Erik, I’ll give it another shot.

1 Like

I personally use Fusion now. Happy with it but has a steep learning curve.
I used to work with Rhinocam, also not the most accessible for newcomers. And that one is pricey.
I’ve heard good things about meshcam, and while it’s not free, it is within a hobbyist’s budget range.

There’s more options, each have their own pluses and minuses. I would suggest to forget the Jumanji project for a bit, try some things out, see what you feel most comfortable with, and then work your way up to that project.

1 Like

I agree.

When I first started using fusion 360 I had no ideal what I was doing and I watched some videos and took it one step at a time, while I am still a novice but I am glad that I got into using these programs. Now I can use it for my 3D printer as well as the X-Carve and my crossfire pro plasma cutter.

Hi Erik - Just an update. I found some helpful videos and got someone on their board to help. Everything was going well until it came time to generate the tool paths. Turns out my computer doesn’t have the horse power to do that. :pensive:

No worries, I’ll find a way to do a more simple 2d version on Easel.

Sorry to hear that. Might be time for an upgrade :slight_smile:

Phil finally made his Zathura game board

So your thought process was, “hey there is this game that if you open the box and play it You put yourself and your friends in mortal danger, Hold-my-beer I will make my own?”

1 Like

THIS IS NOT THE YEAR TO OPEN CURSED BOXES!
:rofl:

4 Likes

A recent build of mine… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And another recent build of mine! :smiley:

6 Likes

Nice work